Goodbye To Love, Manchester Style!?!

Billy Rees

I've had some weird dreams before, but I'm sure that some years ago a Manchester type band (like Stone Roses or Charlatans etc) performed a song and the chorus was Goodbye to Love?

I've not been able to find anything about it online though!

Maybe Midge Ure from Ultravox’s version? He co-wrote Do They Know It’s Christmas...love his music.

Maybe Midge Ure from Ultravox’s version? He co-wrote Do They Know It’s Christmas...love his music.

Nope, definitely not that one... I'm sure they were performing it live on some TV show but it sounded like the style Oasis would have sung it.

The lyrics to the song were different to the Carpenters version, but they sang the "I'll say goodbye to love" for the chorus exactly the same!

I would love to here Oasis do it, or New Order could really bump it up with an “Electronic” version. Keep dreaming Billy......

Groups that formed in that area of Great Britain like Joy Division which became New Order, Happy Mondays, Stone Roses, The Smith’s/Morrissey and Oasis. All popular alternative acts from the 80’ to now.
The movie “24 Hour Party People” is a fun way to see and hear, the story of the rise and fall of the guy that discovered or produced some of their best records in the 80’s.

I would love to here Oasis do it, or New Order could really bump it up with an “Electronic” version. Keep dreaming Billy......
New Order! Great band!! I’d rather hear them do their own original music than a Carpenters song, though.

Back
Top Bottom