Google Doodle for Karen - should we request one?

crescentnoon

On Oct 27th there was a Google doodle celebrating Sylvia Plath for what would have been her 87th birthday. This got me interested in if one can be done for Karen. We know Karen would be turning 70 on March 2 and Carpenters became world famous 50 years ago next year as well. I looked it up and came across this:
How can Google users/the public submit ideas for doodles?
The doodle team is always excited to hear ideas from users - they can email [email protected] with ideas for the next Google doodle. The team receives hundreds of requests every day so we unfortunately can't respond to everyone. But rest assured that we're reading them :)
Google Doodles

Is it ridiculous to think we should email them and request one in honor of Karen? Her contribution to music, innovation as a female drummer back when it was unheard of and the many lives saved due to her sad demise seems worthy! I realise I could go ahead and request this but I wondered if it would have more of an impact if we got at least a dozen people on here to do so. Anyone up for this?

This is what I sent: Karen Carpenter was born on March 2, 1950 but died at the young age of 32 from complications of anorexia nervosa. She is considered one of the greatest singers of all time, enthralling listeners worldwide for 50 years. As part of the Carpenters, her music sold about 100 million records. She learned how to play the drums when it was unheard of for females to do so. She played drums on multiple Carpenters albums as well as on tour, inspiring many girls to follow their dreams. Her death brought awareness to eating disorders and saved many thousands of lives. Please honor Karen on what would have been her 70th birthday - March 2, 2020.

This is what I sent: Karen Carpenter was born on March 2, 1950 but died at the young age of 32 from complications of anorexia nervosa. She is considered one of the greatest singers of all time, enthralling listeners worldwide for 50 years. As part of the Carpenters, her music sold about 100 million records. She learned how to play the drums when it was unheard of for females to do so. She played drums on multiple Carpenters albums as well as on tour, inspiring many girls to follow their dreams. Her death brought awareness to eating disorders and saved many thousands of lives. Please honor Karen on what would have been her 70th birthday - March 2, 2020.
How you so cleanly synthesized Karen is amazing. Thank you

I was kind of hesitant to write up anything on my own here without input from any of you. That is one of the reasons I posted this here, hoping to maybe get some help from probably much more eloquent and articulate Carpenters fans. I spent a couple of days thinking about this and maybe how to word it. I really would like for Google to do this for Karen. Millions of people would see it. I did not get a response from them yet. I don't think I will but my fingers are crossed. This is something that is important to me even though it doesn't really matter in the long run but Karen really deserves to be remembered and this is one way to help do that.

Anyway, March 2 of this year saw Desi Arnaz get a doodle. If he can get one, why shouldn't Karen?

Back
Top Bottom