GRACINHA LEPORACE lp (Philips 1968) on ebay - ends today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'll have to wait for the picture to load--like everything else with that (#@$*&@#$ "Ipix media" server, the picture isn't loading. (Every single auction I've seen that uses it has images that don't load!!)

I'll have to check back later and get the final bid.

-= N =-
...cha-ching...and preparing for some heavy eBay selling in the coming few days...

It's up to $86 now. Viewing the cover art isn't worth much effort. It's only a cartoon drawing of a guitar and a young girl.
JB

With three hours to go, it's up to $124.50. Wow!

Has anyone heard this album? Is it any good?

Harry
...wondering, online...

It closed at over $145, which is about where I thought it would. I have this one and it's very enjoyable. Gracinha does "Ultima Batucada" by her brother Sebastiao (which is reprised on "Horizonte Aberto"). Beautiful arrangements by Oscar Castro Neves. I keep hoping the WhatMusic guys, who seem to have the "in" for the Philips catalog, are going to release this on CD soon.

P.S. Forgot to mention--Grachinha told me she has only one copy of this herself, and that hers is in pretty bad shape. It turns up on eBay very rarely (I think this last one is only the second or third time I've seen it since I started "doing" eBay four or more years ago).

The seller seems not to have known to include the words "Sergio Mendes" (or the dreaded "Mendez") anywhere in the text, thereby this rare record no doubt bypassed many Sergio fans that cruise Ebay on a daily basis!

Had he done so, it might have brought more! :oops:

JMK said:
It closed at over $145, which is about where I thought it would. I have this one and it's very enjoyable. Gracinha does "Ultima Batucada" by her brother Sebastiao (which is reprised on "Horizonte Aberto"). Beautiful arrangements by Oscar Castro Neves. I keep hoping the WhatMusic guys, who seem to have the "in" for the Philips catalog, are going to release this on CD soon.

This album is available in CD-format (released in 1994) in Brazil by the Globo Media group at the Cast imprint in a very cheap inlay jacket, but the music is wonderful with stellar performances by Brazils great musician amongst them are Djavan , Dori Caymmi, Oscar Castro Neves, Sebatião Neto, Marcio Monteneryos, Picole Jamil Joanes Palo Braga Chico Batera, Toninho Horta, David Amaro atc.atc...
Regards,
Aqua do Brasil

You are confusing "Horizonte Aberto" with the album this thread is about: "Gracinha Leporace", her 1968 solo LP on Philips. Horta and Amaro would have been kids back then. As I indicated in the other thread, this LP is finally coming out on CD sometime later this year, if Dusty's upcoming releases can be trusted. :D

Highly recommended to any and all. It's a wonderful mix of Bossa/Pop tunes of the era.

Brasil_Nut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom