Hal Blaine 1929-2019

NowhereMan

Funny, but it seems I always wind up here with you
Just read this on Hal Blaine's official Facebook page:

"Hal Blaine - loving father of Michelle Blaine; grandfather of Anthony, Josh, Aaron, Whitney, Tempest, Ever and Lyryk; and inspiration to countless friends, fans and musicians - has passed on today, March 11th, 2019 at the age of 90. May he rest forever on 2 and 4. The family appreciates your outpouring of support and prayers that have been extended to Hal from around the world, and respectfully request privacy in this time of great mourning. No further details will be released at this time."

Losing Hal and Joe is such a loss I cannot put into words. Their legacy of music will always be a part of my life.
Thinking of their families.

That's sure sad news. I didn't think he was that old. I'm sure glad we have "The Download" interviews with him to help preserve his legacy.

Another True Legend and Great Musician Is No longer With us RIP Mr Blaine and Deep Condolences to his Family.

Modern Drummer 2005:
An Interview with Hal Blaine
Paving the way for some of the great studio musicians of our time, like Jim Gordon, Jim Keltner, Jeff Porcaro, and John JR Robinson, were Earl Palmer and Hal Blaine.

Modern Drummer: How was Karen (Carpenter) as a drummer?
Hal Blaine: "I’ve always said there’s nothing wrong with female drummers. There are some fine female drummers out there, but to me Karen always looked like a little high school kid sitting behind drums. She rushed a bit, but that’s because she didn’t have that kind of training. It was just her and her brother. When I first met them they were two little chubby kids wearing Western clothing. Joe Osborn, the great bass player, brought them to me and said, “You’ve got to produce these kids, they’re so good.” I said, “Joe, when do we have time?” We were in the middle of a Neil Diamond date. Karen was very nice, but there was just no way. And right after that A&M signed them..."

Entire Interview:
https://www.moderndrummer.com/2005/07/hal-blaine-2/

Carpenters were so fortunate to have such a pedigree drummer play on their studio recordings.

I have an album Hal Blaine Recorded in the late 90s called "Buh Doom" where he does some of his Great solo drumming and tells some jokes that he did during recording sessions when the sessions got to heavy he was called upon to tell a funny joke and I find him very amusing and I think it's a great way to remember his Great talents by having this album in your collection as it's been said before " There will Never Be Another one Like Him Ever again" Hal Blaine was Truly "One of a kind".

Back
Top Bottom