Happy Birthday LANI HALL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another BTW (sorry, getting old!), according to my program (autographed by the entire group except Jose Soares!) August concert dates were the 25th & 26th (Friday & Saturday), at the Michigan State Fair. They perform two concerts each day, 3:00 & 9:30 PM. Saw both Saturday concerts.....

For those like me who were and still are crazy about the first and second line-ups of BRASIL´66, I want to remind you of Lani Hall´s birthday today, Nov.6th. Lani is turning 65 but still looks great and with a marvellous voice...Just listen to her latest outing with hubby Mr. Alpert. They are both great !!!! Nice to see that Brazilian music has never left Lani´s heart. After so many years, she is still performing Brazilian songs and what is best in my own language Portuguese. Well, I take this opportunity to say to you and who knows to Sergio Mendes who may one day come across this note that the old groups are back again and that nostalgia is indeed a good feeling...what I am trying to say is that it would be lovely if Mr. Mendes regrouped Lani, beloved Karen, sweet Janis together with João Palma ( I don´t know if he´s still alive ), José Soares and the missing Bob Mathews...as to the second line-up of musicians, I am sad to say they´ve all passed away..Tião Netto, Rubens Bassini and fantastic Do Um Romão. Imagine if they recorded together again..I insist on my thought that nothing is impossible. Please, fans, let me know if you´d like that too.
My love to you all and to Lani hall, Karen Philipp and Janis hansen, João Carlos.
I also would like to see the look around line up back together for a tour..anything is posible at the last minute.. otherwise we will have to see them playing together in heaven.

Lani's birthday has struck again! A very Happy 68th to you Ms. Hall-Alpert!

-- Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom