Happy Valentines

I received a Valentines Card today via email from Universal Music.
I was shocked lol
Here is a snapshot....I love it!!
Take note it says Carpenters NOT The Carpenters :D @Chris May:wave:

vbCfRVx.jpg

Hi everyone,
Encouraged by such lovely message. I went back to the recording studio today, and sang Just Fall In Love Again, Carpenters cover. Hope you enjoy it…

That was beautiful! Glad to see you returned to the studio, because 14 years is a long time to wait from your last cover of WOJB. I saw your previous post in the general "Music Forum" here in these boards. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you mentioned your actual goal is to be a KC tribute singer? Well, if that's the case, you sound a heck of a lot better than some singers who are currently working as Carpenters tribute singers (my opinion, of course). Keep going. Build up your social media presence with more covers (maybe even redo WOJB since your singing ability is far better than 14 years ago)....... Look to your dreams!

Nice cover, @clairebrodin! VERY nice tone. You definitely followed Karen's form but you brought your own thing to it too. Love the absence of Autotune too. Too many are giving into that plugin and I'm glad to hear you didn't. Good stuff!

Ed

That was beautiful! Glad to see you returned to the studio, because 14 years is a long time to wait from your last cover of WOJB. I saw your previous post in the general "Music Forum" here in these boards. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you mentioned your actual goal is to be a KC tribute singer? Well, if that's the case, you sound a heck of a lot better than some singers who are currently working as Carpenters tribute singers (my opinion, of course). Keep going. Build up your social media presence with more covers (maybe even redo WOJB since your singing ability is far better than 14 years ago)....... Look to your dreams!
What a fantastic message! Yes absolutely will redo the wojb again! Thank you so very much for your words of wisdom. I honestly get frustrated when I hear some tribute bands, who think they just put on a country and western voice and sing a bit deeper to sound like her. If anything she articulates more like Julie Andrews! There’s thought in literally every word she sings…then there’s the breath! Thank you again… x

Nice cover, @clairebrodin! VERY nice tone. You definitely followed Karen's form but you brought your own thing to it too. Love the absence of Autotune too. Too many are giving into that plugin and I'm glad to hear you didn't. Good stuff!

Ed
Dear Ed,
Thank you 😊 this song is a little different as shes not singing so deeply, and can sound quite nasally in some parts, so it was challenging. Thanks for the vote of confidence and absolutely no to auto tune! Which is why so many singers disappoint when they sing live. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Very nicely done Claire - the orchestral arrangement that you're singing to sounds very much like Richard's, which some of us have always felt was a little extravagant, but you can be heard clearly and you sound really good. That's a nice slide show of pics of your family too, although I would have liked to see it interspersed with video of you actually singing. Hopefully, we'll hear (and see) more from you in the future.

One word of caution: you might want to think long and hard about the prospect of becoming a Karen "tribute singer" (if you're entertaining that thought at all) - far better to have your own material and work in, say, a 3-song tribute to her in the middle of your own act rather than pretending to be her - be yourself, that's good enough.

Very nicely done Claire - the orchestral arrangement that you're singing to sounds very much like Richard's, which some of us have always felt was a little extravagant, but you can be heard clearly and you sound really good. That's a nice slide show of pics of your family too, although I would have liked to see it interspersed with video of you actually singing. Hopefully, we'll hear (and see) more from you in the future.

One word of caution: you might want to think long and hard about the prospect of becoming a Karen "tribute singer" (if you're entertaining that thought at all) - far better to have your own material and work in, say, a 3-song tribute to her in the middle of your own act rather than pretending to be her - be yourself, that's good enough.
Dear John
Thank you very much for your words of wisdom. I will definitely post more videos. I am recording Close to You next week. I would love to sing my own songs one day. I guess I’m still not confident enough not do I have the talent to write them, or have anyone to write them for me yet. Hopefully someday…. 😍

Back
Top Bottom