Harold and Agnes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geographer

I always thought that a great subject for a book or movie would be the life of Harold Carpenter. For any of us that have talked to him at length, you know how interesting his life was. He grew up in China as the child of missionary parents. Appearently, his mother had a WONDERFUL voice and Karen her grandmother had a remarkable resemblence. Harold would tell the story of how he use to shoot magpies with his gun (sorry animal lovers). Also, how he came the the U.S. from the U.K. across the atlantic during WWI (I think) during the most dangerous time of the war when the Germans were sinking passanger ships in the North Atlantic. Once in America he married Agnes and eventually had some famous children.

Harold and Agnes were such nice down-to-earth people and it pains me that the "legend" surrounding Agnes is that she was "mean." I met them on several occasions and they were the nicest people...very gracious. But it was obvious where Karen got her personality and sense of humor. She was daddy's girl.

Shannon

good idea :!: There aren't enough books about the Carpenters or their parents. They should really print more!

I just thought that in totality, Harold led a facinating life even BEFORE his children became famous. Almost like being the father of Richard and Karen was just one more interesting fact of life for him. It was just a thought.

I'm so sorry but I think you took my post the wrong way. I wasn't being sarcastic. I really think that they should write new books for the Carpenters or Harold and Agnes.

:o Whoops! I made a mistake. I didn't mean to click on the mean face emotion. I didn't look at my reply after I posted it. :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Oh, no problem! I know what you meant. :) :wink: Sometimes I just think my opinions are WAY OUT THERE from the rest of the members on this board (which surprises me, I must say). But I have such wonderful memories of Richard, Mary, Agnes, Harold, Rosina, and Evelyn that I like to chat about them to others who may have similar memories and experiences. I am not good at, nor do I even attemtp to understand, all the recording technology discussions on this board. All I have to offer are my personal experiences with the Carpenter family, other fans, and the wonderful musical legacy left for all of us to enjoy.

I'm just happy SOMEONE responded to my post regarding Agnes and Harold as it sat for a number of days with no discussion at all!

So thank you for taking the time to read and respond to my humble attempt at sparking conversation!

I've deleted the duplicate. It happens sometimes.

Harry

But I have such wonderful memories of Richard, Mary, Agnes, Harold, Rosina, and Evelyn that I like to chat about them to others who may have similar memories and experiences.
Hi Shannon. I'm curious to know how you knew the Carpenter family and if you have any interesting stories to share.
Song4u :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom