1. A&M Corner can now be found on Instagram! Follow us on our new account at @a.m.corner .
    You may also follow us on Twitter: @amcorner.
  2. We have received word that UMe is aware of the problem with the Carpenters vinyl releases, both the box sets and the individual LPs, and has offered a solution. To receive a replacement, send a proof of purchase to UMGCustomerSupport@umusic.com. UMe prefers email, but those who prefer phone contact may call 1-800-288-5942 to speak to Customer Support.

Heard Carpenters

Discussion in 'A Song For You: The Carpenters Forum' started by Dave, Feb 24, 2008.

1. David A

David A Active Member

Heard 'Superstar' on a soft FM station last night, while driving. Hearing her voice sing that song, coming out of the car speakers, seemed so connected to an earlier time in my life. Really was amazing to hear.

2. "Make Believe It's Your First Time" (VOTH version) on Sirius XM this morning on the way to work. To me, that was an out-of-left-field song for them to play. The only other time I was as surprised is when I heard them play "You're The One." Delighted, of course, but still surprised.

3. BarryT60

BarryT60 Well-Known Member

which channel?

4. John Tkacik

John Tkacik Active Member

David Spade & Chris Farley liked it too.

Jamesj75 likes this.
  5. I think it was Channel 70; the light hits channel. Seems to me the channel that plays them the most. Even the 70's channel seemed to have "forgot" that they were the fourth most successful act of that decade (they should be played as much as the Bee Gee's and Elton John). But even then, they seem to stick to the "Close to You," "We've Just Begun," "Superstar," "Rainy Day's," with a "Goodbye to Love" or "Only Yesterday" thrown in there once in a while formula. So to hear "Make Believe" was a bit surprising.

6. BarryT60

BarryT60 Well-Known Member

Ironically, I heard For All We Know this week at a very hip - sort of gourmet burger place here in Nashville... It was in the mix with general cool updated but nice music assortment... So happy to hear what may be my favorite Carpenters track - flowing through the airwaves...