1. The new Carpenters recording with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra is now available for preorder! Use this link to preorder, and help us out at the same time. Thank you!

Heard Carpenters

Discussion in 'A Song For You: The Carpenters Forum' started by Dave, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Mark-T

Mark-T Well-Known Member

My wife gets it too. She even gets the "Olivia thing" and isn't threatened. (She's a good looking blonde herself! :wink:)

Carpe diem and John Adam like this.
  2. Ha-ha! Over the many years now, my wife, sons, other family, and friends have been trained to humor me at times and "accommodate" my Carpenters' OCD! At my son's wedding reception last summer, I successfully commissioned the DJ to play and dedicate We've Only Just Begun. I am proud to report that the song never sounded better and more special to me, and it actually filled up the dance floor!

3. Steve Wrights Sunday love songs on BBC radio 2 is currently playing This Masquerade.Lovely at 0955 on a Sunday.

Chris Mills and Graeme like this.
  4. Graeme

Graeme Active Member

Caught the end of it!

5. Chris Mills

Chris Mills Well-Known Member

Steve Wright has to be the most annoying DJ on BBC Radio 2. Not only does he talk over the songs, sometimes he will sing along as well?? Luckily on this occasion Steve resisted the temptation to sing along with Karen, but talked all over the intro??? Pleased he played Carpenters, but the best part of Masquerade is the intro!

6. I agree totally Chris but this time he did mention the artist to the world(not that most wouldn't know:))as he usually plays a song then moves on to something else and no mention of song or artist.

7. So far today I've heard Superstar on BBC radio Stoke and then We've only just begun, on the oldies section on Steve Wrights show on BBC radio 2 (whilst on my drive/travels around Cheshire).

Graeme and Chris Mills like this.
  8. Close to you is currently on smooth radio .Three in one day on the radio and different stations too.A great Monday

Chris Mills likes this.
  9. Top of the world is on BBC radio 2 on Tony Blackburns show.I'm listening to a lot of radio it seems:)

Graeme likes this.
  10. Sweet sweet smile is currently on bbc radio 2 on Gaby Roslins show...show opener at 5pm.

Graeme likes this.
  11. CARPENTERS-COLLECTOR

CARPENTERS-COLLECTOR Active Member

U.K
    watched `Ghost Rider` tonight on Sony movie channel, because I haven't seen it for years and there are short plays of 3 tracks, cage mentions Carpenters once and Karen once, which I hadn't remembered.
    must be a record in a movie??

12. The Graham Norton BBC2 radio show played the new RPO yesterday once more this morning(Saturday 3rd November)after the song finished as well as saying nice things about Karen, Graham also said that in a few weeks he will be hosting a NEW show on Carpenters and their music.No idea if it is for radio or tv.

Chris Mills and newvillefan like this.
  13. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Well-Known Member

I still remember the trailers to the 2002 Adam Sandler/Jack Nicholson movie “Anger Management” having Sandler holding “The Singles 1969-1973” (I forget if it was a CD or LP copy) and saying “Carpenters...anger music?” after Nicholson told him to get rid of any music that made him angry. I’ve had the DVD for a few years, but I haven’t watched it yet. I should try to watch it in the New Year—-I’m into Christmas right now.

Geographer likes this.
  14. Chris Mills

Chris Mills Well-Known Member

Relying on you to inform us of the first DJ to play on the radio Merry Christmas Darling from the new album!

15. tomswift2002

Just heard the CP “Overture” (specifically ‘I Saw Three Ships’) on CTV Ottawa’s 5:30 news. The reporter was asking if it was too early to put up Christmas decorations, and he was in an older lady’s house that is already decorated. It looked like it might’ve been the LP, but I’m not sure as the stereo was kind of blocked by the reporter, and it sound like he might’ve rubbed his microphone on his suit jacket, so I wasn’t sure if I was hearing some pops from vinyl or his microphone.

Geographer likes this.
  16. tomswift2002

The newscast just went back to the home and you can hear Karen singing “I’ll Be Home For Christmas” in the background.

Geographer likes this.
  17. theninjarabbit

theninjarabbit Well-Known Member

For those of you with SiriusXM, they have a channel for 70s/80s Christmas hits-- channel 780. I just heard the 1970 version of Merry Christmas Darling there! :D

Geographer likes this.
  18. Johnnie Walkers sounds of the 70's on bbc radio 2 is currently playing HAPPY!

newvillefan and Jamesj75 like this.
  19. The new RPO Yesterday once more is now on Paul O Grady on bbc radio 2. Getting a few airplays.

Chris Mills likes this.