1. The new Carpenters recording with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra is now available for preorder! Use this link to preorder, and help us out at the same time. Thank you!

Heard Carpenters

Discussion in 'A Song For You: The Carpenters Forum' started by Dave, Feb 24, 2008.

1. AM Matt

AM Matt Well-Known Member

I heard the 1973 remix version of "Top Of The World" on METV Music (1250 AM) in Bridgeport, MI Friday morning. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

2. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Well-Known Member

I’m listening to “It’s Christmas Time” on YourTV Ottawa Valley’s CableTV Bulletin Board. They have Stingray Music playing when the Bulletin Board is up.

3. AnnaSock

AnnaSock Active Member

UK
    I really enjoyed listening to this last night. Richard was great and it was brilliant to hear so many tracks that aren’t usually played on the radio. It was a lovely early Christmas gift!

Nawvish74 and PaulinUK like this.
  4. Jeff uk

Jeff uk Member

Merry Christmas Darling has been voted the number 1 CHristmas song of all time on the UKs Smooth Radio, beating Wham well and truly into second place. what a fantastic achievement!

5. AnnaSock

AnnaSock Active Member

UK
    My local station, Radio Nottingham, played Sleigh Ride earlier today :whistle:

Kaisu and Jamesj75 like this.
  6. John Tkacik

John Tkacik Active Member

Heard and seen this morning in the local Target store on their video wall in the Electronics/Movies/Music Dept. A promotional video for their Target exclusive RPO cd was playing "Please Mr. Postman" and showing Richard conducting the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra.

Geographer, AnnaSock and Jamesj75 like this.
  7. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Well-Known Member

Was over at my grandmothers house and we had the Stingray Christmas music channel on the TV and at one point the Medley from “An Old-Fashioned Christmas” came on (“Here Comes Santa Claus/Frosty The Snowman/Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer/Good King Wenceslas”). From where I was, it looked like the album credited on the screen for the Medley was “Christmas Portrait Special Edition” (I could see “Artist: Carpenters” and “Album: Christmas” as the first word, but due to my angle I couldn’t make out anything else).

8. Chris Mills

Chris Mills Well-Known Member

Sleigh Ride just played on Paul O’Grady TV show For The Love Of Dogs. Battersea Dogs Home trying to rehome as many unwanted dogs before Christmas with the help of Paul.

Simon KC1950 and AnnaSock like this.
  9. New Horizons.

New Horizons. Active Member

Steve Wright on Sunday love songs just played What are you doing New Years eve. :)

Chris Mills, newvillefan and AnnaSock like this.
  10. AnnaSock

AnnaSock Active Member

UK
    My mum just txt me to tell me this haha. Sadly, I missed it, but great track :)

Greg and New Horizons. like this.
  11. New Horizons.

Rainy days and Mondays now on Johnny Walker, on BBC radio 2 show sounds of the 70's

Chris Mills and AnnaSock like this.
  12. newvillefan

newvillefan I Know My First Name Is Stephen

Sleigh Ride was played on Smooth Radio here in the UK on Christmas Eve, the first time I’ve ever heard it on the radio here.

AnnaSock and Simon KC1950 like this.
  13. I heard that too (I was preparing a hot cheese and bread dip in the kitchen).

I had heard Sleigh Ride over the last couple of years on Smooth but that was the first time I heard it this year.

newvillefan and Carpe diem like this.
  14. Carpe diem

Carpe diem Well-Known Member

^^Hot cheese and bread dip :drool:!

Simon KC1950 likes this.
  15. Chris Mills

I've just listened on BBC iPlayer to this track from Steve Wright's show, and for some reason, the playback is in mono. Is anyone else hearing the same? If I'm correct, I'm really disappointed this has happened, the orchestration on this track is a dream in stereo.

16. newvillefan

newvillefan I Know My First Name Is Stephen

How can that be if the track was never released as a mono single and the only source is the stereo album version?

17. Harry

Harry Charter A&M Corner Member Moderator

I thought it was the program through the BBC iplayer that was mono, consequently the song too.

18. Chris Mills

BBC iPlayer is available in stereo, listening live or on demand.

19. Harry

I would expect so. But there are always the possibilities of technical problems somewhere in the audio chain.

Chris Mills likes this.
  20. Chris Mills

Decided to checkout if this song was stereo on BBC iPlayer, glad to verify that it is. One piece of info from DJ Johnny Walker that I never knew, but could be common knowledge, is that Rainy Days And Mondays was originally offered to the 5th Dimension who decided to pass on it. Wondering if anyone else could confirm.

21. Chris Mills

Carpenters were sandwiched between Eydie Gorme and the Righteous Brothers. All three tracks sound mono, which is expected for Eydie Gorme and the Righteous Brothers, but not Carpenters.

22. Harry

In radio, all it takes is for someone to accidentally push a button or throw a switch.

Bobberman likes this.
  23. Bobberman

Bobberman Well-Known Member

I concur with you and speaking as a fellow radio guy it has happened in my work it only takes one little thing to set everything into chaos for lack of a better word

24. New Horizons.

Goodbye to love is on smooth radio currently.

Chris Mills likes this.
  25. Graeme

Graeme Active Member

Another showing of the Only Yesterday Carpenters documentary on BBC 4 this evening. Watched for the umpteenth time.