Heard Carpenters

Great way to start a Monday morning on my commute to work: Sirius Radio channel "70s on 7" plays Close to You, then the DJ announces after the song ends: "Greatest female singer of all-time....yep....you just heard her". I forget the DJ's name but he is forever my favorite now - give the man a raise! :)

So... I was in the car on the way to the orthodontist and Greatest Hits Radio UK announced they're opening a twitter poll for best female singer... Karen wasn't an option so in protest I didn't vote, I commented Karen Carpenter. So I'm in having my brace changed and the dentist had the same station on... The DJ said "Simon Worsley thinks Karen Carpenter is the best female singer - that's the problem with these polls only having 4 options"

Lol ! Wasn't expecting that !

The radio was on in the background at work today listening to Smooth Radio, and Smooth are loving Carpenters today playing Superstar and Calling Occupants. Everything just stopped for me while these two songs were playing, my colleagues think I have problem as go in to another universe which no one else can enter!

The radio was on in the background at work today listening to Smooth Radio, and Smooth are loving Carpenters today playing Superstar and Calling Occupants. Everything just stopped for me while these two songs were playing, my colleagues think I have problem as go in to another universe which no one else can enter!

Everything just stopped for me while these two songs were playing, my colleagues think I have problem as go in to another universe which no one else can enter!

Isn't that the truth!:)

I was completely shocked while doing some garage tinkering today to hear Hurting Each Other on the "Sinatra And Friends Weekend" at 4:13pm PST 6/8/19 on KAHI radio 950AM out of Auburn CA! I have been listening to this station for 20 years or so, and this is the first time I have ever heard the duo on any of their programs. The song was sandwiched between The Candy Man by Sammy Davis Jr and Make Someone Happy by Jimmy Durante. Maybe they have a new Program Director who is "Carpenters Friendly". I hope this trend continues!

Just heard “Close To You” At 8:13 this morning on MYFM Pembroke 104.9’s ‘Sunday Morning Music Vault’ where they play songs from the 50’s to the 70’s. Of course I had to laugh because before the song and after the song the announcer said that Carpenters hit #1 with the song in the “spring of 1978”. He said 78! Not 70! I guess people were enjoying it at the discos in 78.

Visiting family in SF North Bay town of a Petaluma and listing to the WOLF 102.7 fm, radio station out of the little town of Guernville that plays America’s Top 40, the 70’s on Saturday mornings. He said for the week ending June 26, 1971 Carpenters had the #4 album in the country. Then at #2 for the second consecutive week was Rainy Days and Mondays, which Casey Kasem then played. #1 lp Tapestry, and song , It’s Too Late by Carol King. Great couple of weeks for the A&M family back then.

You don’t hear any music, but in the very early moments of the video someone is reading the UK charts from 1977 and some Carpenters single was going up to spot 24.

I think the announcer might’ve been talking about “Calling Occupants”, as that seems to be the only Carpenters single in the UK in 77 to get into the 20’s.

It's clearly stated that it was "All You Get From Love Is A Love Song"

It's clearly stated that it was "All You Get From Love Is A Love Song"
Where did you hear that? When he plays it the announcer is saying Dolly Partong has dropped to 26, while the Carpenters were going from 25 to 24 and then Techmoan stops the tape. And from what I can tell, “All You Get From Love Is A Love Song” never charted in the UK or Ireland.

I watched an incredible psychotropic horror/revenge film last night called Mandy.

During a bizarre, chilling scene a cult leader asks his victim 'Do you like The Carpenters?'.

This is such an interesting film for anyone into the genre.

Back
Top Bottom