• The new Carpenters recording with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra is now available. Use this link to order, and help us out at the same time. Thank you!

Heard Carpenters

Great way to start a Monday morning on my commute to work: Sirius Radio channel "70s on 7" plays Close to You, then the DJ announces after the song ends: "Greatest female singer of all-time....yep....you just heard her". I forget the DJ's name but he is forever my favorite now - give the man a raise! :)

Simon KC1950

So... I was in the car on the way to the orthodontist and Greatest Hits Radio UK announced they're opening a twitter poll for best female singer... Karen wasn't an option so in protest I didn't vote, I commented Karen Carpenter. So I'm in having my brace changed and the dentist had the same station on... The DJ said "Simon Worsley thinks Karen Carpenter is the best female singer - that's the problem with these polls only having 4 options"

Lol ! Wasn't expecting that !

Chris Mills

The radio was on in the background at work today listening to Smooth Radio, and Smooth are loving Carpenters today playing Superstar and Calling Occupants. Everything just stopped for me while these two songs were playing, my colleagues think I have problem as go in to another universe which no one else can enter!

Carpe diem

The radio was on in the background at work today listening to Smooth Radio, and Smooth are loving Carpenters today playing Superstar and Calling Occupants. Everything just stopped for me while these two songs were playing, my colleagues think I have problem as go in to another universe which no one else can enter!
Everything just stopped for me while these two songs were playing, my colleagues think I have problem as go in to another universe which no one else can enter!

Isn't that the truth!:)

Top Bottom