Heard Carpenters

I heard the 1973 remix version of "Top Of The World" on METV Music (1250 AM) in Bridgeport, MI Friday morning. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

I’m listening to “It’s Christmas Time” on YourTV Ottawa Valley’s CableTV Bulletin Board. They have Stingray Music playing when the Bulletin Board is up.

I hope many of you are tuned into BBC Radio 2 now for the “A to Z of Carpenters”. It’s only 15 minutes in and Richard is on fine, confessional and funny form, revealing stuff about their recordings that even those of us who thought we knew everything didn’t! What a festive treat from Malcolm Prince and Graham Norton.

I really enjoyed listening to this last night. Richard was great and it was brilliant to hear so many tracks that aren’t usually played on the radio. It was a lovely early Christmas gift!

Heard and seen this morning in the local Target store on their video wall in the Electronics/Movies/Music Dept. A promotional video for their Target exclusive RPO cd was playing "Please Mr. Postman" and showing Richard conducting the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra.

Was over at my grandmothers house and we had the Stingray Christmas music channel on the TV and at one point the Medley from “An Old-Fashioned Christmas” came on (“Here Comes Santa Claus/Frosty The Snowman/Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer/Good King Wenceslas”). From where I was, it looked like the album credited on the screen for the Medley was “Christmas Portrait Special Edition” (I could see “Artist: Carpenters” and “Album: Christmas” as the first word, but due to my angle I couldn’t make out anything else).

Steve Wright on Sunday love songs just played What are you doing New Years eve. :)
I've just listened on BBC iPlayer to this track from Steve Wright's show, and for some reason, the playback is in mono. Is anyone else hearing the same? If I'm correct, I'm really disappointed this has happened, the orchestration on this track is a dream in stereo.

I've just listened on BBC iPlayer to this track from Steve Wright's show, and for some reason, the playback is in mono. Is anyone else hearing the same? If I'm correct, I'm really disappointed this has happened, the orchestration on this track is a dream in stereo.

How can that be if the track was never released as a mono single and the only source is the stereo album version?

I thought it was the program through the BBC iplayer that was mono, consequently the song too.

I would expect so. But there are always the possibilities of technical problems somewhere in the audio chain.

Rainy days and Mondays now on Johnny Walker, on BBC radio 2 show sounds of the 70's
Decided to checkout if this song was stereo on BBC iPlayer, glad to verify that it is. One piece of info from DJ Johnny Walker that I never knew, but could be common knowledge, is that Rainy Days And Mondays was originally offered to the 5th Dimension who decided to pass on it. Wondering if anyone else could confirm.

I would expect so. But there are always the possibilities of technical problems somewhere in the audio chain.
Carpenters were sandwiched between Eydie Gorme and the Righteous Brothers. All three tracks sound mono, which is expected for Eydie Gorme and the Righteous Brothers, but not Carpenters.

In radio, all it takes is for someone to accidentally push a button or throw a switch.

In radio, all it takes is for someone to accidentally push a button or throw a switch.
I concur with you and speaking as a fellow radio guy it has happened in my work it only takes one little thing to set everything into chaos for lack of a better word

Another showing of the Only Yesterday Carpenters documentary on BBC 4 this evening. Watched for the umpteenth time.

Back
Top Bottom