Heard Carpenters

Just heard the ‘72 album version of “Top Of The World “ on Kings Radio 103.3 from the very tiny town of Lindsay, Ca. Where olive trees outnumber people by 1000’s. It’s a station that is owed by a private trust, and only plays music from the 40’s- about 1973. Vocal artists and popular instruments from those years. I have an antenna on my roof to get the weak signal, as it’s about 70 miles away from where I live. Unusual that it was the album version. It made my day!

I love Kings Radio! Last year, on a drive down I-5 from Sacramento to L.A. I discovered it as I was desperately looking for some music on that notoriously boring drive. Around the Bakersfield area approaching "The Grapevine", I came upon an oldies station that had a really good selection of tunes. I have a conventional over-the-air car radio and the built-in cassette deck is broken. It was Kings Radio! I didn't hear any Carpenters but it was nice to hear some good music out in the middle of nowhere. I pre-programmed that station so I would have it for my return trip! I since have driven down a few times on family business and I always make it a point to tune it in once I start picking up the signal. Nice post, by the way...

You can get it from just south of Fresno to north of Bakersfield, about 90-120 mins. or so when driving, and then of course the Grapevine which is higher in altitude, so it comes in there too. 103.3FM KZPO, and it plays great nostalgia radio from the 40’s to early 70’s. They play a lot of early Beach Boys and Olivia too! You can listen to it on line 24 hrs. a day if you love vocal and instrumental standards. Kings Radio Lindsay—Visalia California. Thanks for the plug!

Heard the remix 1985 version of their 1973 song "Yesterday Once More" once again at McDonalds in Sanford, MI (1 mile from my home)!!

Heard the original mix of ‘It’s Going To Take Some Time’ on Chicago’s MeTV-FM oldies station yesterday. Carpenters get played fairly regularly.
The station is also heard on cable TV and is quite popular and known for playing what they want to play (as well as requests). The playlist covers the late ‘50s thru the ‘90s. Top 40 hits of all types.

Last edited:
In the App Store it’s 102.7 the Wolf from Guernville, Ca. I’m listening to Dick Clark’s Rock Roll and Remember right now on Sunday 3/22/20. Tributing The Bee Gees this week. He did a Carpenters one as well. I have the 4 record set of it in my collection. Great station. They do not play Carpenters during regular broadcast times, but lots of great older pop hit music from 60’s-80’s. Casey Casem is on every Saturday, a 70’s show and they were doing an 80’s show on Sunday afternoons. Have to see later on if that’s still true. Download and enjoy on your phone or blue tooth speakers.

Local station 105.7, WYXB: "Due to an overwhelming number of responses and spirits being lifted, we are bringing Christmas music back...this weekend. Put on your pjs, light a fire, snuggle up with your loved ones and listen to songs that might help things feel a little more ok."

On my ride home from work they played "(There's No Place Like) Home for the Holidays." Don't we all feel a little more okay when we hear Karen?

Local station 105.7, WYXB: "Due to an overwhelming number of responses and spirits being lifted, we are bringing Christmas music back...this weekend. Put on your pjs, light a fire, snuggle up with your loved ones and listen to songs that might help things feel a little more ok."

On my ride home from work they played "(There's No Place Like) Home for the Holidays." Don't we all feel a little more okay when we hear Karen?
I hope they played more Carpenters during their Christmas music weekend. Some of Karen's very best performances, no doubt.

Oddly, I never heard "Merry Christmas Darling." (?????!!!!!) They played "Home for the Holidays" at least twice. "Christmas Waltz" was played once (always chill-inducing hearing "Frosted window panes..." on the radio), as was "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas."

Sadly there were more songs by Buble, Beyonce, Carrie Underwood, etc. Perhaps I should send them an email to educate them that the Carpenters ARE Christmas.

There’s a Kind of Hush, very sped up version on Casey Casem AT40, in April 1976 up to number 15! He told the story of how Herb Alpert gave them CTY to record 6 years earlier, because he himself couldn’t sing “sprinkled moon dust in your hair”. Nice touch on a scary Saturday in 2020. I hope you all stay healthy and well.

Comfort music.........🙏🤞👍
I’ve been listening to MIA and N&T this morning myself, and feel better being cooped up in my house. Thanks!
Happy Passover and Easter to those that celebrate!

Nope, they went on with normal 70s stuff after that. This is a music service on a streaming TV service called Pluto TV. It's free for anyone - on computers, phones, Roku, Firestick, smart devices. The music channels are the highest channel numbers up in the 900s. The music is commercial-free, the TV stuff and movies have short commercial breaks.

Been listening to 30sec snippets on Amazon.
As of today, April 14, 2020,
the Amazon List of bestselling Carpenters songs:
(#1) We've Only Just Begun
Close To You
Superstar
A Song For You
Rainy Days and Mondays
Solitaire
Top of the World
Road Ode
This Masquerade
(10) Sing