• Guest, order your copy of the Herb Alpert Is... box set. Click for CD version or Vinyl version. The documentary video can be rented or purchased here.

Heard Herb

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Site Admin
In the Publix supermarket. Heard three notes and knew it was Herb. It was "Diamonds".

Promptly ruined by the followup by the overrated foghorn, Rod Stewart.

toeknee4bz

In the Publix supermarket. Heard three notes and knew it was Herb. It was "Diamonds".

Promptly ruined by the followup by the overrated foghorn, Rod Stewart.
They love Rod Stewart... And they love Taylor Swift too.
As for Herb, I remember hearing Rise in Publix a couple of years ago (2017), but now only Diamonds. Oh, well...

Bobberman

Sadly most stores in my area either play only the top 40 radio stations in town or on satellite radio or Nothing at all.

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Site Admin
While eating out, I'm hearing "Diamonds" by Herb Alpert and Janet Jackson. Sounds like the album version. Must be an 80s channel. We also heard Amy Grant's "Baby, Baby."

Mike Blakesley

Staff member
At the theatre we are currently playing some older movies since there aren't any new ones being released. We just finished running "Shrek" which has a hilarious Herb-music cameo, featuring "Whipped Cream" in a parody of the famous Dating Game bachelorette-introduction sequence.

AM Matt

Heard Herb & The Tijuana Brass "The Shadow Of Your Smile" (from 1966 "What Now My Love") on channel 69 "Escape" channel on SiriusXM at 7:50 last night.

AM Matt

I was listening to The Howard Stern Show this morning on channel 103 on SiriusXM which was a rerun back in 2006 when Howard played a snippet of "Sleigh Ride"!!!

Top Bottom