Heard Sergio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Site Admin
Since we have threads like this for both Herb and Carpenters, we should have one for Sergio!

Last night, as I cycled around the TV channels, I happened upon a group of dancers dancing to Sergio's "Magalenha" from BRASILEIRO. It was a local public access Polk County Florida channel, and I have no idea who the dancers were, but it was good to hear Sergio Mendes emanating from the TV speakers.

Harry

Here's one for the books. While spending a day or two at Disney, we ended up eating at the Olive Garden. While digging into my chicken parmagiana, I noticed a familiar voice emanating from the restaurant's speakers.

It was Lani Hall singing "...everybody knows a turkey and some misletoe..."

Yes it was Sergio Mendes & Brasil '66 doing "The Christmas Song." It turned out to be the extended YULESVILLE version, so it wasn't a return to vinyl on this music service. I asked the waitress for more info on the music service, but she checked with the manager and still came away with no real answer, other than it's programmed specially for Olive Garden.

Harry

Last edited:
I asked the waitress for more info on the music service, but she checked with the manager and still came away with no real answer, other than it's programmed specially for Olive Garden.

Harry

It's most-likely a Black-Box--my store uses one, though I at least saw an actually LABELED Christmas CD that we play--or at least PLAYED, go into the room where our Muzak System operates from...

Maybe a two-, or more disc-set... --It really went by me, when someone was switching the usual program for the seasonal stuff...

Me, being curious about what my store plays & when the song isn't someone I'm greatly familiar with, I try to look up the song(s) to see who it's(they're) done by, just to find 1,000's of different ones--and NOT the one I hear or heard play...

-- Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom