🏆 Contest! Herb Alpert CD Giveaway WINNERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudy

¡Que siga la fiesta!
Staff member
Site Admin
We are pleased to announce the winners of our signed CD giveaway contest!

We choose our winners using a random number generator, and use the result(s) to select the post numbers of the winners within the thread.

The winning numbers, please!

Congrats to @TonyR and @JBee, our contest winners! (And JBee, see, you finally won something! :wink: )

We will be in touch via a private conversation with the details.

Thanks for participating, and we will have more giveaways coming in the future. :)

Congrats to the winners You both are Going to Love your cds ( the music with the extra added enhancement of the signatures from Herb and Lani) May you both enjoy your prize for many years to come.

Wow! It's been a long time since I won anything like this. Thank you so much! This is a great forum, and I hope to be participating a lot. Thanks again.

Congrats to the winners You both are Going to Love your cds ( the music with the extra added enhancement of the signatures from Herb and Lani) May you both enjoy your prize for many years to come.
Isn't it ironic we both said nearly the same thing in the first line? Ha! Great minds think alike! :D

Congrats, folks! (I did win the jar of 226 peppermints at the office Christmas party, so there is that...:laugh:)

Congratulations winners!

My big prize in life was winning a color TV from a radio station for identifying a scrambled "Promises, Promises" by Dionne Warwick.

Harry

Congratulations winners!

My big prize in life was winning a color TV from a radio station for identifying a scrambled "Promises, Promises" by Dionne Warwick.

Harry
Your musical knowlege and expertise paid off very Handsomely there.

Isn't it odd that I used the phrase "color TV"? Well, that's what it was and what we called them back then. You'd be hard-pressed to find a black & white TV anywhere these days!

I have a b&w TV if anyone wants one. :D An ancient MGA from 1967 or 1968.

Isn't it odd that I used the phrase "color TV"? Well, that's what it was and what we called them back then. You'd be hard-pressed to find a black & white TV anywhere these days!

Well, any chance that you still have that color TV? (The Dire Straits song "Money For Nothin'",using the line: "...We've got to move these COLOR TV's..." was done in an era where Black & White sets still last existed, I would assume)

Tube or transistor?

I have a b&w TV if anyone wants one. An ancient MGA from 1967 or 1968.

And most-likely that would be a tube-set...

-- Dave

It was an RCA 19" portable and has been long gone from my ownership. I replaced it with a Sony Trinitron a few years later and have never bought anything other than a Sony since then. Two other TVs in the flat-screen HDTV era that found their way to me were a cheapy Insignia, purchased by our movers after they broke one of my Sony tube sets. That has since been given away for use as a bedroom TV. And then there's the RCA 40" TV that my wife bought for her Dad, now deceased. That's in our second bedroom.

Oh, and I do still own a black & white TV. It's one of those useless Sony Watchman thingies that no longer works in the digital age, unless you somehow feed it a digital signal.

Harry

I won a nice rifle in a charity raffle last year, which is funny because I am not a "gun person" in the least. It is still sitting in the box and has never had a bullet in it.

Probably the best thing I ever won, moneywise, and got actual use out of, was a free admission to a theater owners convention. Worth $350, so that was a nice prize.

Years ago, at a record show in Roseville, MI, I won $20 and a free pass to the next record show there...

And at a time I would be too shy to make a fool of myself jumping up and down shouting: "Hey!", "Yo!", "Me!", "I won!", "I won!", "I WON!!!!"...

-- Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom