Herb Alpert Documentary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alpertfan

Has there ever been, or will there be a Herb Alpert documentary? I think with the info known about him and the interviews that exist, I think there should be. This should include footage from the Tijuana Brass television specials as well as new interviews from the surviving original members. Basically, everything we as fans already know in true documentary form. They've made them for The Carpenters, Peter Frampton, Cat Stevens, and The Go-Gos (just naming the roster of A&M artists who've had their life stories on television.) I doubt if Herb Alpert will make a VH-1 Behind The Music Special, but The E! True Hollywood Story would be a possibility, don't you think?

-alpertfan, ...daydreaming online :D

alpertfan said:
Has there ever been, or will there be a Herb Alpert documentary? I doubt if Herb Alpert will make a VH-1 Behind The Music Special, but The E! True Hollywood Story would be a possibility, don't you think?

The problem with doing the VH-1 show or the E! True Hollywood Story is that Herb would have to have something tragic happen to him, or maybe be arrested for something. Today, the TV industry is much like the music industry - they're only interested in releasing trash. The Carpenters would never had any kind of documentary had Karen not died the way she did. If there's no controversy, then it's not a ratings winner, unfortunately. The only real possibility would be A&E's "Biography", and even that would be a stretch. I'd love to see a documentary on Herb, but with the mindset of the TV execs today, it's not a realistic idea. :evil:

Capt. Bacardi

There's at least two I can think of: Portrait of a Legend (introduced by James Darren) made around 1982 and My Abstract Heart - A VH1 Special made I think in 1989. Something more up to date would be welcome, though!!

There was also a documentary last year which was shown in New York about Herb's painting and sculpture.

Stephen

Not television, but there was nice syndicated radio interview that was broadcast concurrently with the Under A Spanish Moon CD and tour. I taped it and have it somewhere around here. I'm thinking it was a two-hour program, featuring an interview interspersed with with music from throughout his career.

Rudy said:
Not television, but there was nice syndicated radio interview that was broadcast concurrently with the Under A Spanish Moon CD and tour. I taped it and have it somewhere around here. I'm thinking it was a two-hour program, featuring an interview interspersed with with music from throughout his career.

I have that on vinyl. I think it was from Westwood One? It's actually the same as the Keep Your Eye On Me interview, except that some of the Spanish Moon music was added, along with what Herb had said about Sting and the song "Fragile". Just another thing I need to put on CD-R with my "free time". :rolleyes:

Capt. Bacardi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom