Herb Alpert Is... Original Announcements

All I can say is...WOW! It's been a long time coming and I'm really looking forward to seeing this film! (btw just saw a documentary on another music legend tonight on PBS-the incomparable Miles Davis, who also again btw is one of Herb's heroes.)

Is this the same as your "Watch This Space" teaser? Or is that another wonderful surprise to look forward to?

--Mr Bill

You MADE my day.

It'a about time. Cannot wait and will absolutely pick up the Blu Ray if/when released.

Please keep us posted on streaming and or broadcast dates.

A theatrical release. I hope that doesn't just mean selected theaters.
As a theater owner myself, I can almost guarantee you that's exactly what it means.

The reason is, documentaries don't usually get a wide release. This film will probably be in large cities and/or maybe the art-house circuit, but not on thousands of screens nationwide though. (Although it would be awesome if it did get a wide release!)

Too bad it's being released now instead of near the end of the year -- it probably won't have much chance at a "best documentary" Oscar with a springtime release.

End of the year release would indeed be better... I don't think the Wrecking Crew documentary (a spring release IIRC) even got a "for your consideration" mention, though it deserved it...

--Mr Bill

Due to the global health emergency, the release of Herb's Documentary will be postponed, with no new date yet known. It appears that concerts will also be cancelled through June.

Due to the global health emergency, the release of Herb's Documentary will be postponed, with no new date yet known. It appears that concerts will also be cancelled through June.

Haven’t heard any word from Herb or the venue where I have tickets. Is it official?

Yeah, I also want to say please folks keep safe in this dire time in our history. Follow all the rules and guidelines for being safe...we all want to live a little longer so we can not only enjoy Herb and Lani's music, but other great music as well! Keep safe and let's keep each other in prayer! I'll be praying for you all and the rest of the country and the rest of the world.

jazzdre

I have tickets for may 19th at the Birchmere. I hope they wait before they cancle any shows let's wait and see were we are at in 6 weeks.

I would reach out to the venues to see what their ticket policies are. In most cases, groups are rescheduling with no action needed on the ticketholder's part.

Back
Top Bottom