Herb Alpert Is... Original Announcements

If it comes out on regular DVD I'm buying a copy I still have an onkyo 6 disc DVD Changer I use for them and it plays ALL Disc formats even the old mp3 cd remember those???

I totally get that. I just am not there myself now. Used to be, but I'm a minimalist when it comes to physical media anymore.
I stream occasionally but if it's something I want to own and keep legally on my media server, I download it. I'm certain this will be available for a download from somewhere. I guess we'll see when that happens. I don't want all this clutter in my house anymore; I already have several dozen Laserdiscs and over 100 DVDs heading to the landfill once I get around to that part of the basement.

My old unwanted DVDs will get donated to the local library - good for a write-off at income tax time. :wink:

Streaming is a natural for this. Frankly, it will do much better than theatrical and a welcome media event for these times. Sooner the better.

I’m glad to hear there will be a Blu-ray option. I’ll use some handy software to convert it to digital cinema format so I can watch it in the theatre on the big screen, where it belongs. (Harry, we might have to have a “A&M Corner Northern Command” convention this year!)

Figures. I waited years for TjB re-issues on CD and three of them were on iTunes - and I don't do Apple.

Now, a long awaited documentary will premiere on Facebook - and I don't do Facebook.

I must be out of step with the rest of society - and mostly that makes me happy.

Yeah, I'll wait for it to show up somewhere that doesn't bombard me with ads and steal my privacy.

I keep up with tech but fb is one of the few things I block on my firewall at home so I keep their tracking trash out of my devices. I can't believe how incredibly out of touch many video or event producers are who assume everyone uses that vile site. I don't, and won't. YouTube is free, more widely accepted and I can stream it on my TV much more easily. YouTube even lets you purchase videos if the content creator wants to make a few bucks off of them. When Herb and crew wake up and put it there, I'll watch it. Otherwise? Nope. Just nope.

As I have all the original recordings newly remastered and in hi-res (and vinyl where available), I have absolutely no use for a box set. Why buy music I already own? I can sequence the exact same thing in a playlist in Roon, or I can spin the vinyl I already own.

Would I buy an illustrated book? Yep, in a heartbeat. I'd also purchase a video including this documentary if it were available. Years ago when the only thing we had were recycled anthologies (Greatest Hits, etc.) and Whipped Cream, sure, a box set made sense to me.

Yep, this box set is definitely not for me. But I do see a very small market for it--collectors of either Herb Alpert's music or lavish box sets in general, including those who may only own an old Greatest Hits CD who want more and want a bit of exclusivity.

Preorder links:

CD box set:

Amazon product ASIN B08F7ZVS66/

Vinyl box set:

Amazon product ASIN B08F7WGFBD
Would I buy an illustrated book? Yep, in a heartbeat. I'd also purchase a video including this documentary if it were available. Years ago when the only thing we had were recycled anthologies (Greatest Hits, etc.) and Whipped Cream, sure, a box set made sense to me.

I do agree with this comment.

Back
Top Bottom