Herb Alpert remasters now available via streaming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudy

¡Que siga la fiesta!
Staff member
Site Admin
Good news for those of you who choose to stream your music. Today, the 25 new Herb Alpert remasters are available on the streaming services!

Read the full post...

I am streaming selected tracks via Tidal's lossless streaming at the moment. So far, so good! I will have a chance over the weekend to check out most of these new remasters.

If you use Tidal, be certain you have set playback to "HiFi" quality, which is lossless, uncompressed CD quality. Tidal also has a free trial period. Since I got my account through my Oppo BDP-105 player, it was a 90 day free trial. You might want to check around online to see if you can get a longer free trial than the normal 30 (?) days. It is well worth it to hear these in full CD quality. Well, sort of worth it...you'll just be wanting to order them all once you hear them. :wink:

A couple of screenshots from my tablet. It is a bit exciting to see all of these albums listed in my Tidal player!

2015-12-05 03.29.04-1.png 2015-12-05 03.28.33.png

If you have any sound quality impressions of your previews of these albums via streaming, post them here. However, don't go too crazy, because...

We will be launching
"Official Review" threads for each of the albums, starting in the coming days.

I have a busy weekend of listening ahead. I will be listening through the Oppo BDP-105, either via the full system or over some higher-quality headphones.

That's one advantage of the short-ish TJB albums, you can do a pair in a lunch hour!

I guess that's about the ONLY advantage! :D

That's one advantage of the short-ish TJB albums, you can do a pair in a lunch hour!

I guess that's about the ONLY advantage! :D

True dat. :D

Since I have a little downtime, I have Summertime over the Grado headphones as I write this. Not ideal since it is through the laptop, but at least Tidal is the CD version. There are some things I am hearing which I'd like to verify through my main system. Hoping to upgrade to planar headphones in the near future, which will be helpful on my end. (Likely the Oppo PM-3, if not the PM-2.)

It has been fun hearing some of these albums again. I have been jumping all over the various albums to check a few of the "notorious" issues we've found over the years. I'll have more to comment on in the coming days, so, I'll have to keep y'all in suspense. :D Last night I landed on Main Event Live and let it play all the way through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom