Herb Alpert songbooks/sheet music

Status
Not open for further replies.

little_chops

On the A&M corner website, there is a discography of TJB and solo work, but does anyone know what albums/music did A&M/Herb Alpert (Almo publishing?) publish a songbook for trumpet or even piano.
I have 3 songbooks that cover over 60 songs, but I would like to know written music was published (kind of like a music-ography)?
Can anyone help me? :confused:

Thanks Harry, just what I was looking for ...
Great forum, I was especially fascinated with the Mystery song hunt (the Hold me/Textor song) from last week that the guy thought was a possible Lani Hall number...you guys are having too much fun with that one.
Now I know where to come...for expert advice!
Thanks again,
Happy Thanksgiving!

One of our affiliates, Sheet Music Plus, still had some Alpert songbooks in print the last time I checked. There's a search box for that store on the bottom of our home page. Type in "Alpert" and away you go! :D

Most of anything published in the 60's comes up on Ebay from time to time.

-= N =-

Speaking of sheet music... I'm pretty sure I asked this before, but I don't remember the answer: did anyone ever publish the melody and changes to John Pisano's tune "The Charmer" (from Sounds Like)?

- William

I know that there were Herb Alpert and TJB Deluxe combo books published sometime (i assume 60's and 70's) that aer no longer in print - but does anyone have a copy of these that they would sell to me. I did manage to track dow a book and the owner was going to sell a photocopy of it for $US50 - but that is like $100 Australian, and that is too much for a photocopy.
I am desperate to start up a tribute band in Melbourne, Australia and am trying to avoid sitting down with a CD player and piano to work out the entire songs.
With this band, I would like to replicate the music as accurately as possible, so I don't want to spend time correcting my mistakes in transcribing.

I HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom