Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Jingle Bell Rock

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Jesu, Joy Of Man's Desiring

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters
I still have an original LP copy, the 3113 replacement copy on LP, and I've ultimately found a mono promo on LP. That one's fun with all dedicated mono mixes.

Meanwhile, I've got the original 3113 CD, an import HERB ALPERT AT CHRISTMAS, the Shout reissue and Herb Alpert Presents reissue on CD.

I have the high-res release in my digital library, and the original and reissue LP copies in my rack, the latter of which I've only sampled a few tracks from. For the once every three or four years I play it anymore, that's plenty.

I voted for "Let it Snow Let it Snow Let it snow" for me it is so hard to pick just one favorite as the whole album is very special I remember getting my first experience with this in November 1980 as the vinyl reissue SP 3113 appeared to be a New Reissue not knowing at the time what the original cover looked like until much later but I Loved it all especially Las Mananitas and Sleigh Ride I was already Familiar with My Favorite things as I had the Greatest hits volume 2 LP since August of that same year and it said on the cover the Christmas album was " No longer available" but a few months later it became available again I was one happy kid back then And I'm still enjoying all of it even moreso today.
Agreed. I actually listen to it "off season" (Many years ago I added it to my CDr of Beat Of The Brass, where it actually slots in quite nice).

If you took off the choral parts to make them sound a little less Christmas-y, I could see where "My Favorite Things" and "Jingle Bells" especially would fit in with BOTB's other songs. Soundwise, they're right there. Take out "Talk to the Animals" and you'd be all set! :)

It will never be a favorite, but over the years I've softened toward "Talk With The Animals", probably more sentimentality in regard to the touring Brass. It ain't great, but it is THEM.

Heck, I even skipped that one when I was a kid! "Time to flip the rekkid over!" I think deep down I probably have something PTSD-ish about it. 🤣 But I always liked looking at the gatefold cover as I barely remember the TV special (too young to remember it) and I recognized a couple of the scenes.

I have to say that if you're just a casual listener of these songs on this album and aren't concentrating on stereo placement, you'd probably never notice any of this. Heck, for better than 50 years, I never noticed. But for those of us who love to delve into the details, it's an exciting discovery.
I voted for My Favorite Things because, well, it just always puts me in a terrific Holiday frame of mind. For a close second, I have always loved The Bell That Couldn’t Jingle. I always played the vinyl on my system, happy as a clam.

I am unable to do your techie wizardry, however your post gave me the idea to listen to this song closer, as you did. So I listened to it on monitor headphones through the vinyl and integrated amp and man, this song is on an entirely new level for me now. It’s my favorite!

That was a song I always liked, but it's grown on me even more over the years. I always think of it as the Herb tune with the least amount of Herb's trumpet on it. (as far as I can tell, at least.)

The song My Favorite Things, even though it is really not a Christmas song, got a lot of airplay back on AM radio.
One local station that is AM does play it once or twice that I hear each Christmas Season. It was always a favorite of mine, long before I ever saw The Sound of Music.One part that I really enjoyed was the arrangement by Shorty Rogers.

Despite the fact it was Released as a flip side to Whipped Cream a few years previously I also love "Las Mananitas" the only difference between the two versions is on the Christmas album there was the added chorus and maybe an additional instrument or two. But I still love it

Back
Top Bottom