Herb Alpert's new look

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that was supposed to read "by Herb Alpert" instead of "as Herb Alpert".

At least, I sure HOPE so....

---Michael Hagerty

Unless there's another Herb Alpert out there of Scottish origin who specializes in bagpipes. :wink: (But that still wouldn't explain the trumpet beneath the signature. :D ) Anyone for a Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Bagpipes album?

"A Taste of Haggis"? "The Magic Bagpipe"? "The Lonely Kilt"?

Another hit album. :wink:

And the classic "Scottish Flea".

Cassette version on Scotch Tape, o' course!

Harry

Harry said:
And the classic "Scottish Flea".

And can anyone tell me what bottle of liquor would be on the cover of the first album ("The Lonely Kilt")?

Scotch whiskey, of course.

I don't know WHO signed that thing, but it WASN'T Herb Alpert...and after that absolutely heart-rending, gut-wrenching speech...I'd love to can some of that balloon juice...I could heat the house for the rest of the winter. All anybody had to do would be to look at the back cover and see that the signatures DON'T MATCH!!!! :rolleyes:

Dan, saying...Caveat emptor, baby...

I do, too...I love to go to ebay motors and just browse...most of the sellers are honest there...some go to great lengths to make sure they describe their items for sale accurately...but there are ways to authenticate autographs...I would say never guarantee the authenticity unless you have a sample to verify it with, and a sample in this case isn't hard to find. So, I was a little harsh. Nobody's bid on the item in question yet...and most likely, nobody will...

Dan

To me, it sort of looks like his signature. Someone in a rush, signing something backstage for instance, is going to do it more sloppily than sitting at a desk. Plus, the back cover signature was made in the late 60's, where the one on the front cover probably dates to the 80's (when this album cover style was issued).

That said, look at the condition of the cover. The LP is supposedly trashed...the cover ain't that far behind! A signature wouldn't be found on a ratty cover like this, unless someone were just plain careless.

Plus, the fact (like Dan says) that this seller goes to extensive pains to OVERexplain the fact that it's authentic, makes me wonder even more if it really is authentic.

If I want something autographed by anyone, I'd try to get it in person, and would have no desire to sell it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom