Herb Alperts Tijuana Brass vs Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass?

TallPaulInKy

I was looking over eBay listings for a clean copy of the Lonely Bull album in mono to make a needle drop (since Herb appears to not want to issue it on CD in original mono). Some of the pressings with the original back cover have labels saying Herb Alperts Tijuana Brass (like the credit on the second TJB single and album) and some say Herb Alpert and The Tijuana Brass (like on the front cover). The original hit single was just credited to Tijuana Brass (featuring Herb Alpert).

So would Herb Alperts Tijuana Brass issue be an earlier pressing?

I was looking over eBay listings for a clean copy of the Lonely Bull album in mono to make a needle drop (since Herb appears to not want to issue it on CD in original mono). Some of the pressings with the original back cover have labels saying Herb Alperts Tijuana Brass (like the credit on the second TJB single and album) and some say Herb Alpert and The Tijuana Brass (like on the front cover). The original hit single was just credited to Tijuana Brass (featuring Herb Alpert).

So would Herb Alperts Tijuana Brass issue be an earlier pressing?
I would say the Herb Alpert's Tijuana Brass on the Label would be a later pressing I owned a Vinyl copy of The album With the Label numbered as SP 3101 with the silver/tan label and mine had that particular credit the very early pressings have the credit as Herb Alpert and The Tijuana Brass I hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom