Herb and Lani at the Ann and Jerry Moss Theater on Sept 10, 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Castleman

My wife and I had a GREAT time, as everyone else there did as well. Jerry and Ann were right there in the front VERY expensive row, with us in the more affordable balcony seats above...but we still had a great view, and I used my iPhone 6plus to shoot a six minute video of the TJB medley. He also played Bittersweet Samba and The Girl From Ipanema (I know, not really his song, but I always loved his SOTB version, and this was as good as that). Unfortunately I didn't record everything! They played more than 90 minutes almost non-stop, and my wife mentioned that there were lots of new stuff from the previous concerts we've got to attend...I'm glad she enjoys the great music too.
As we were leaving the theater, I overheard a teenage young man tell his parents "I didn't know music could be that good." (!) That made me smile big time.

Thoroughly enjoyed that, Doug. Thank you so much!

When I saw Herb & Lani at Joe's Pub here in NYC, I asked him during the Q&A session if their performance would be coming out on DVD. Lani answered probably. Who knows...maybe we'll get lucky and they'll release something after the tour winds up.

My pleasure, Steve...I only wish I recorded the whole thing! But I'm really not one of those guys who wants to experience the world through a camera lens (at least all of the time.) I sure hope Lani is right about the DVD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom