Herb and the TJB on "What's My Line" (1967)

Mike Blakesley

Staff member
Here's an episode of "What's My Line" where Herb and the Brass are the "mystery challenger." No music, of course, but a nice little interview and a band intro by Herb after the panel guesses their identity. Herb's segment begins at 18:03.

I had hoped that I could hear the band at that McCormick Place concert but since I had seen them the first time they appeared there, we didn't go. I wish I had. It was an eerie feeling the next morning turning on the TV and seeing it burn down. We turned on the radio to hear WGN morning man Wally Phillips cover the fire with his news people. Then, it was time to walk to my classes at Lane Tech High School. I did get to hear the band again at The Wisconsin State Fair later. The night McCormick Place burned

I had hoped that I could hear the band at that McCormick Place concert but since I had seen them the first time they appeared there, we didn't go. I wish I had. It was an eerie feeling the next morning turning on the TV and seeing it burn down.
Interesting footnote--the Green Bay Packers won the Super Bowl that same day. Vince Lombardi was the coach of the team, who appears on this "What's My Line?" episode with the Brass.

I'm sure I would have seen this episode when it aired live as our family always managed to watch the three big CBS game shows, WHAT'S MY LINE?, I'VE GOT A SECRET, and TO TELL THE TRUTH.

I'm sure I would have seen this episode when it aired live as our family always managed to watch the three big CBS game shows, WHAT'S MY LINE?, I'VE GOT A SECRET, and TO TELL THE TRUTH.
Thankfully I got to see the revived syndicated 70s versions of these shows and when GSN came around I got to see the original versions of them when they used to have a block called "Black and White sundays" sadly GSN no longer plays Any of the classics that made that channel Great ( at least in my opinion it was great at the time)

Thank goodness YouTube has practically all the What's My Line episodes from the 1950s-1967. The original Password episodes with host Allen Ludden from the 1960s are also on YouTube. They were my favorite game shows growing up in the 1960s.

There is a new-ish channel called "Buzzr TV" that plays the classic shows, and a lot of the old sitcoms from the '60s and 70s are on a channel called MeTV. I found both on Dish.

I was very happy to get GSN but was disappointed when none of the old shows (except Match Game, which I love) are on it. I was really hoping to watch me some Hollywood Squares.....why isn't that on anywhere (that I've found)? That said, some of the new shows on GSN are fun - I like "America Says" the best.

A lot of the BuzzrTV content is on Amazon Prime video, too.

BuzzrTV also streams:

When they do a block of those older black & white CBS shows, they allot 40 minutes each, so they get three shows in two hours, and the whole episode is there, old commercials and all.

BuzzrTV also streams:

When they do a block of those older black & white CBS shows, they allot 40 minutes each, so they get three shows in two hours, and the whole episode is there, old commercials and all.
I have it now on my laptop unfortunately it doesn't work on my tablet but thanks for the tip Harry Buzzr feels more like the old GSN they only have the Goodson/todman and Freemantle owned shows GSN being partly owned by Sony which owns several game show properties luckily I still have Many of those taped to VHS thanks to my continual marathon taping sessions of the channel between 1998 and 2000

Buzzr comes over the air (OTA) on one channel here, and MeTV on two channels OTA. There is also a network called RetroTV OTA--no idea what this one plays.

they only have the Goodson/todman and Freemantle owned shows
Yeah, that's why they don't have Hollywood Squares and the old Let's Make a Deal, another favorite of mine.

I have enjoyed watching Bill Cullen on "Blockbusters" again.....I wish somebody would un-earth "Three On A Match," that was my favorite show with him but it wasn't a huge hit. ("That's true, Bill.")

Back
Top Bottom