Herb & John Pisano Opening New Club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMK

Contributor
Just got done with the first summer jazz brunch, with guest John Stowell, who just got back from LA where he visited with John Pisano. Big news: Herb, John Pisano and evidently a third partner have bought the old Rocco's spot on Mulholland (where John P. has held his Tuesday guitar jam for years), are almost done remodelling it, and will have it open by early fall. No name as of yet (at least to John Stowell's knowledge). Might be a perfect place for the legendary A&M-ers to get together and jam regularly.:cool:

Well, in that case, we all need to make a pilgrimage over there to give the club a proper opening! :D

-= N =-

Question.

Has anyone heard anything more about the new club that Herb Alpert & John Pisano were opening in L-A area? Just curious.

Tom :?:

C'mon, guys, Herb & John's new club doesn't have a name yet. We should be jumping all over this one!
I'll kick it off with "Slick." Didn't Pisano write that TJB tune? (If not---nevermind!)

---SteveM

Steve,

Slick is a great name for Herb's & John's new club. Yes, John did write the song along with Herb. So, probably there would be no name more appropriate.

Tom :D

That's pretty funny Jay. I'm sure you know that that was the working title that Julius gave to Herb. Although I loved Julius's humor, thankfully Herb said, "I don't think so!". How about the name A&P's? No, that won't work, it's already used. The best name I can come up with is "The Lonely Bull" or, perhaps..."The Twinkle Star!"

Tom :laugh:

hey, a great spot for herb and john to work the bugs out of their new big band...maybe on monday nights! :wink:

It's got to be...

Club Slick

Just my 2 cents worth.

--Mr Bill
looking for his Padres to sweep...

you aren't going to sweep anybody throwing alex gonzalez a pitch he can hit on 0-2. :rolleyes: but hey, maybe i'm just jealous cause you guys got bubba trammel. hey, there's my argument in favor of contraction.

maybe herb is going to showcase new talent at the club and then sign them for his new label, if he were to have one. have a nice weekend!

go rockies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom