Herb & Lani coming to Asheville, NC !

Well, it WAS exciting news. I got a notification from the Diana Wortham Theatre that the concert had been cancelled by the promoter. I had tickets for second row center, too.

This is the second time a HA concert for which I had tickets was cancelled. The first time was in the fall of "74 when I had tickets to see Herb at the Atlanta Civic Center. At least I got a refund this time. When I was a broke college kid, I was out of luck.

Has anyone spoken with or met Herb or Lani after one of their shows?

Has anyone ever gotten to speak with one of the backing band members, either -- like Bill Cantos?

Sorry -- I did a search of the forum. I see that, back in 2010, some fans have done that.

I am not interested in an autograph or anything.

By searching the web for "Hussein Jiffry" -- I see an AOL e-mail address.
I can only see a contact for Bill Cantos's agency/management.

YES, I have met both Herb & Lani after shows on three occasions: Brookfield, Wisconsin & Naperville, Illinois -- both in 2009, plus Nashville last year. Met Bill and the other band members after the Naperville show. The key is patience. Waiting an hour or so until the packing up and backstage activity is over is always a good plan. All the performers are most gracious!

While I'm bummed about the Asheville cancellation I noticed the May 5 date at Atlanta City Winery is still on. So are the Charlotte & Durham events, but both are farther for me than Atlanta.

JB

Herb is actually 83 years old now. Maybe he is getting more tired after the end of a show.

I see, in old threads about past shows (from 2009 and 2010, abouts) some fans were obnoxious. Maybe meet-and-greet policies have changed since then.

@LPJim, when is the Charlotte show? That not all that much further for me than Asheville.

It hit me the other day that I really should not plan to see a show for a birthday -my own or someone else's. Last year, my daughters and I had tickets to see Mike Birbiglia at Furman University for one daughter's February birthday. He cancelled because of a snowstorm in the northeast. He was coming back around the time of another daughter's September birthday so we got tickets for that show. He cancelled this time because of the hurricanes. We did get to see him Charlotte in February.

The Charlotte show is May 1st at McGlothan Theater, followed by the Durham show at the Carolina Center on May 2nd. They have a day off before Jacksonville FL on 5/4, which is the day before the Atlanta concert.

JB

The Charlotte show is May 1st at McGlothan Theater, followed by the Durham show at the Carolina Center on May 2nd. They have a day off before Jacksonville FL on 5/4, which is the day before the Atlanta concert.

JB
Thanks for that info! I bought my tickets first thing this morning. My seat is not nearly as good (Balcony v 2nd row center) as they would have been in Asheville but I think this concert is less likely to be cancelled.

Thanks for that info! I bought my tickets first thing this morning. My seat is not nearly as good (Balcony v 2nd row center) as they would have been in Asheville but I think this concert is less likely to be cancelled.
You're gonna have a great time. Saw them last year in Cincinnati and it was terrific!

Back
Top Bottom