Herb, Lani & Sergio Concert at the Hollywood Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.

TulitaPepsi

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted before (I looked!)
Wednesday, July 17, 8pm.
Multi-Grammy winners and long-time musical friends Sergio Mendes and Herb Alpert & Lani Hall share the Bowl stage for a night of sublime jazz and irresistible Brazilian rhythms. Alpert & Hall bring their inventive sophistication and style to jazz standards and selections from the Great American Songbook. Renowned for hits such as “Mas Que Nada” and “The Look of Love,” Mendes closes out the party with his breezy Rio-pop grooves!

(I'm sure there will be a lot of Classic B'66, but hoping they all do material they have not recorded before. And of course, I hope there will be a CD!!! :))

http://www.hollywoodbowl.com/tickets/sergio-mendes-herb-alpert-amp-lani-hall/2013-07-17

Just so everybody's clear, Herb & Lani are doing their regular show with their regular band, then Sergio is doing the same afterwards....:)
No matter what, it'll be a very fun night (and kind of historic for you A&M Corner people!).....

Yep I would really love to see this show....that would allow me to mark off two "bucket list" entries on the same evening! :)

First time they've shared a stage since the TJB days. I wonder, did the TJB ever play the Hollywood Bowl when Sergio was opening for them back in the day?

Martin is such an inspiration, going to a concert on the other side of the world, while I balk at having to fly cross-country. I wish I could be there, but it's just not in the cards.

Harry

Well Harry, there are a few other nice things to experience while in the L.A. area in the summertime also. I am coming over together with another Norwegian composer and good friend. We are renting a convertible, we'll be meeting friends and hearing a lot of other great music and we'll be staying in Santa Monica. I'm also hoping for a "meet and greet" with Herb, Lani and Sergio, like we had in Chicago a few years back.

- greetings from the warm and lovely north -
Martin

Well Harry, there are a few other nice things to experience while in the L.A. area in the summertime also. I am coming over together with another Norwegian composer and good friend. We are renting a convertible, we'll be meeting friends and hearing a lot of other great music and we'll be staying in Santa Monica. I'm also hoping for a "meet and greet" with Herb, Lani and Sergio, like we had in Chicago a few years back.

- greetings from the warm and lovely north -
Martin

Martin, I hope you have a blast! Be sure and bring your sunscreen.

Harry
...who'll be enjoying the sunshine in The Sunshine State, online...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom