HERB OHTA'S Song for Anna and Feelings are Availible as two albums on one CD on Amazon

Bobberman

Yes it's true even though I don't know what masters they used but it seems these two survived the Universal Fire as they were Ohta-San's only two A&M albums I already own a vinyl copy of Feelings along with my CD needledrop so I decided to purchase this for The song for Anna album Which I don't yet have However one song on Feelings was omitted due to obvious cd time constraints which is " When a Child is born". However it's not a loss for me and on Amazon it appears to have been released back in June or July of this year ( I don't remember which right now) so those of you looking to get Digital CD versions of these Extreme A&M rarities now is the time like I just did today and when I get my copy I will keep you all posted as to how it sounds I thought some of you fellow fans of Superior easy listening instrumental music may be interested in this. After seeing the pictures it says it's made in Switzerland so this might be a good one but again the proof will be in the listening

Last edited:
I received my Herb ohta CD today I checked it out and results are mixed first the disc appears to be A CDR with a fancy Label listening through the headphones it sounds like A needledrop of both Albums given the circumstances I think for me its acceptable even though it's not true CD quality the sound quality of the music is Good however the tracks begin after 5 to 7 seconds. After they changeover and there are no credits given to A&M or Universal at least it doesn't appear to be but given what we know about the fate of many masters and the fact this CD was made in Switzerland it's pretty much the best they could do the song for anna album is excellent so my verdict It's Not perfect but it's listenable and acceptable as a very well done needledrop but don't expect a totally clean digital recording for all we know it could be an unauthorized recording but I don't know for sure but I do like finally having A Song for anna in some form and having a Bonus Copy of Feelings isn't a bad thing either 2 needledrops of a rare album is better than one given the circumstances Your mileage may vary of course.

Out of curiosity I compared my original needledrop of The Feelings album with the 2 Fer ( using my headphones) the standalone needledrop had much less background surfacel noise but less top end but not muddy. The 2 Fer CD portion of Feelings had more top end but not shrill and as mentioned previously you can hear surface noise but it doesn't distract from the music there is some very slight crackles in a few songs but again not too bad so I still think it was worth the investment however I feel they should have credited A&M Records and acknowledged Universal who owns A&M that being said I can again only conclude or guess the original analog master tapes for these Albums were among the many that were lost in the Fire of 2008 and as a consequence only near mint or very good condition vinyl was used on this CD I'm sure some of you ( Even fans of this artist and these 2 albums) will be avoiding this CD and I totally understand if that's the case but being the curious soul that I am I thought I'd share my findings here as it might be helpful to some

I had high hopes for this CD, but unfortunately these are needle drops from poorly sourced vinyl copies. The most beautiful song on the entire disc (“Beside Me” from the “Feelings” album) is ruined with numerous loud pops obviously due to a defect on the source album. The Song for Anna transfer is “better”, but as noted earlier, isn’t quite CD quality. My cassette transfer to CD is as good or better without the annoying imperfections heard on this CD. With the many “still sealed” clean copies of the original LP’s available out there, you would have hoped that the producer could have found a cleaner version, especially considering the $20+ price for this disc.

I had high hopes for this CD, but unfortunately these are needle drops from poorly sourced vinyl copies. The most beautiful song on the entire disc (“Beside Me” from the “Feelings” album) is ruined with numerous loud pops obviously due to a defect on the source album. The Song for Anna transfer is “better”, but as noted earlier, isn’t quite CD quality. My cassette transfer to CD is as good or better without the annoying imperfections heard on this CD. With the many “still sealed” clean copies of the original LP’s available out there, you would have hoped that the producer could have found a cleaner version, especially considering the $20+ price for this disc.
I agree as I mentioned I mainly got it for the song for anna album which to me is passable I already own feelings needledropped from a Cleaner Vinyl source so that's why my pardon the expression"Feelings" about this CD are mixed so we can say on this "Buyer Beware"

Back
Top Bottom