Herb's "Human Nature" Track Listing and Sample

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually I prefer to wait for a new album, but since HUMAN NATURE was all there in that preview, I grabbed it to listen to - to warm up to the album before it hits. I've already ordered the CD but I thought this would be good car-travel music.

The resolution on the sample wasn't all that good to begin with, so this is truly only a preview.

It's a really excellent album and I've been playing it to death in the car. Some really imaginitive arrangements of familiar songs, but my favourite tracks are the originals. My colleagues in the BBC's jazz programme are also enthralled with the disc. Worth looking forward to!!

I've been doing the same the past few days. I made a CD-R of the album from when the songs were available online and have really been warming up to it. It's short -- I can understand why it's been considered an EP, but really it's as long as some of the old TjB records -- just over 30 minutes or so.

I'm fondest of "Shake It", "Doodles", and the update of "Don't Go Breaking My Heart". It's all good stuff and I'm looking forward to the real thing - hopefully arriving this Friday.

I'm keeping my eye on the download sites, hoping this one comes along in high-res. Not holding my breath though...but at least Qobuz shows it coming along in a few days. (Not sure if it's just CD resolution though.)

Last edited:
The CD running time is 31:05 & another great CD. The song "Thalia" reminds me of an episode of "Glee" (with the doo, doo, doo's).:whistle: I wonder if Herb watched that TV show?? Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Received the "Human Nature" record today from amazon -it came in a completely warped case. Over-shrinkwrapped. It is the "Catch-22" of the cardboard casing, which otherwise I respect for environmental reasons. Some of the remasters of the solo and TJB stuff came bent - it does make it hard to store in a box standing up - but this one is the worst I've ever seen. Oh, well. I'll drop a note to amazon and hope they'll be pleasant (their customer service people are really variant - depends on the day and the hour, I'm convinced). While I wait for that resolution, I'll plop in the new Joshua Bell cd I also received (pristine, as it is in a a jewel case).

Don't "drop a note." Report the product as defective. There is a line in the "reasons" dialog for a damaged item. They'll send you a new disk and a label to return the old one -- or they might just tell you to discard the old one.

If you just "drop a note" it will be a much less efficient way of doing it. I'm sure THEY would rather you use their automated system to take care of the problem rather than tying up some employee. Either way the results will be the same - the defect will be entered in their database.

Mine arrived today too and it's perfect.

EDIT: I realize now I was a little unclear -- to report a defective item, you need to start in the "Return an item" section of Amazon's site.

Last edited:
Mine came today as well. It was slightly crushed so that the spines were flattened in one direction. After I opened it, I was able to bend it back to squared-off spines. Other than that, it was perfect.

mine came the same way so i did what harry did and the disc was not warped so I compared the updated version version of don't go breaking my heart to the old SRO version, and I reconnized the tone of herb trumpet and it sounded like

he was playing his old benge trumpe.

bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom