Herb's Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irwin

Hi Everybody

It was twenty five years ago this week that the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce honored Herb Alpert with his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. I was fortunate enough to be visiting LA at the time and it is one of my fondest memories.

Amongst those in attendance were the Carpenters, Jerry Moss, Lani, and Mayor Tom Bradley.

After the ceremony, I was able to get up real close and take some great pictures. And I got his autograph!

We'd love to see the pics if they'd load...there is a special gallery here at the forum for just that sort of thing. Glad you were able to be present on such a special occasion, and welcome to the forum! :)

Dan

While I was in California for the Julius Wechter concert, I made the trip to see the star and took a picture. The star had chewing gum stuck to it at the time....

Stephen

Stephen Vakil said:
While I was in California for the Julius Wechter concert, I made the trip to see the star and took a picture. The star had chewing gum stuck to it at the time....

hgn.jpg

Is THAT what I've got stuck to my shoe?

Harry
...from an earlier pilgramage, online...

If I recall, back in 1998, some of the stars were missing on the walk--they were doing some renovation.

I wonder if that would fit in a rental car's trunk? That would look good as part of the patio in the backyard... :wink:

-= N =-

Here's something of interest; I bought a book titled "Hollywood - The First Hundred Years", by Bruce T. Torrence, c. 1982, ISBN 0-918432-44-8 (hardbound), 0-918432-30-8 (paperback) at a used book sale and as I flipped through the pages found a picture of the 1977 ceremony on pg. 271! Shown are Herb, Lani, Herb's mother Tillie, and two of their daughters. I wonder if Irwin's in the backround somewhere...

Actually, I was right in front of them taking pictures. What happened was that during the ceremony I was behind the rope along with the rest of the general public. After the ceremony was over I jumped into the roped off section and was directly in front of Herb, Lani, his kids, his mom, Karen and Richard and Jerry Moss. I still have the pictures and would love to share them with everybody. However, a few years ago I had them framed along with the autograph I got that day. I can't find the negatives to make more copies. I'll try and take some pictures of the pictures and see how that goes.

Or if you know someone with a scanner, they might be able to get a good image for you also.

-= N =-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom