Herb's tour dates in 2022

Mike Blakesley

Staff member
I just checked Herb's website for tour dates and I see that he has a lot of dates scheduled for January thru July. I'm curious if these shows will still go on, given the circumstances with Mike Shapiro, and also the new "omicron" variant going around. Has anyone heard anything?

They will not let Herb, Lani & the Band tour if they would be at risk. The group will be H&L plus three.

Of course I realize they won't tour if it isn't "safe," but I was just wondering if dates are still anticipated to happen or not. So apparently, the answer to that one is yes, unless it's deemed to be unsafe.

Excuse me for being curious but with dates scheduled just a month out, I thought maybe there would be some news on who the new drummer might be at this point. Apparently not.

I have tickets for the first London concert, so I'm hoping....

- greetings from the cold north -
Martin

A few artists I follow are already cancelling gigs. A few are due to COVID exposure in their band (most often breakthrough cases), where others are taking a cautious approach, not just with fellow band members but with not wanting the audience to endanger themselves either. J.D.McPherson just had to cancel a series of gigs for this reason.

Most likely, management is the one making the determination. And that would also include travel restrictions. Managers often cover several acts, if not dozens, so that collective knowledge is helpful to know what conditions are around the world when preparing to send one of their acts across the country or overseas. Or in other words, the artists' expertise is music, where the managers' expertise is getting the artists on the road safely.

Not surprised! And with Herb being an oldtimer at 39 years old, he has to be careful. 😁

It appears all Covid-19 restrictions will be lifted over most of Europe during next week, so in that respect it is disappointing that we have to wait until 2023 before Herb and Lani will be coming over here, but according to Ronnie Scott's this was due to other engagements in the US that had been postponed.

- greetings from the cold north -
Martin

Back
Top Bottom