Herb's Zorba on UK Nike Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen Vakil

Nike are running a new(ish) advertisement on UK television which features two people running through empty streets to the sound of Herb's Zorba the Greek. Has this appeared in the US yet?

Stephen

Hi Steve!

Haven't seen it on these shores yet.

--Mr Bill

Steve-Did Nike remix or "modernize" the sound a la the Elvis "A Little Less Conversation" used during the World Cup? That single,as you probably know,earned Elvis another #1 on the UK charts. Maybe lightning would strike twice.... Mac

jimac51 said:
Steve-Did Nike remix or "modernize" the sound a la the Elvis "A Little Less Conversation" used during the World Cup? .... Mac

Hi!

Nothing - to my ears anyway - seemed to have been done to the original recording other than editing it to fit in with the ad. Not being an Elvis fan at all, I didn't know anytying about "A Little Less Conversation", but it's good to hear Herb on television.

I think the best ad was his perfromance for Gap a few years back when he played a Latin version of Tijuana Taxi, ending the pice saying "this is original".

Stephen

Yeah,that GAP ad would be a nice extra on a dream DVD of Alpert material. The Elvis single hitting #1 in the UK got a lot of press here in the US. It is currently tacked on the "Elvis #1s" CD currently making the rounds this holiday season. You ain't missing much. Mac

If I recall, when that Gap ad was making the rounds, Neil had captured it somehow and made it available. In moving files from computer to computer though, I've lost it.

Harry
...wondering if he should boot up the old Win95 machine to see if it's there, online...

Hi Harry!

It was downloadable from the Gap site at the time. I'll email it to you later today if you like. It'll take an age to download if you haven't got broadband (which I haven't!). Let me know.

Stephen

Success! I found the Alpert GAP commercial still lurking around in a TEMP directory on our old Win95 machine. It was called alpert_hires.mov , which I suppose meant Alpert High Resolution movie file.

This file plays in both the old and new Windows Media Player, as well as Quicktime.

Harry
...glad he was able to "rescue" it, online...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom