He’s Only Just Begun-Paul Williams

Chris Mills

That was funny....like the dark vomited up
Interesting interview with Paul and features songs written by Paul and includes playback of Carpenters singing We’ve Only Just Begun, Rainydays & Mondays and Let Me Be The One. Search on BBC iplayer to listen.

This sounds fantastic-- thank you for sharing. I really enjoy Paul Williams and his music. :)
I too enjoy Paul Williams and his music just earlier today when I was doing my Radio show I played his version of "Let me be The One" no matter who covered that song I Always love to hear it because it's one of my all time favorite songs.

I recently received a signed photo from Paul Williams. I wrote to him at the start of last year and I got it in tge post 2 days after Christmas!

There is an interesting bio-pic of Paul Williams on Netflix called "Still Alive." It centers more on his substance-abuse problems (and recovery) than on his actual career but is still interesting viewing.

I enjoyed listening to this. I never get tired of hearing Karen sing Rainy Days and Mondays. A healing of refreshment that rubs against the anguish of emptiness is what Karen brought to the song along with impeccable phrasing and stylistic interpretation. And, I think Three Dog Night was perfect for Just An Old Fashioned Love Song. And, the tenderness of Helen Reddy for You And Me Against The World allows any listener to see the heart of a single parent. That’s what Paul Williams was perfect at: writing songs that leaves room for the singer’s interpretation to complete the song.

I wonder if Paul Williams has been asked how he feels regarding
Karen's interpretation of Ordinary Fool....assuming he has heard that version...

Here's a Paul Williams song I enjoy very much (Monkees, another group I love to death):

I love this one too and when I first heard it it was back in the late 80s during the famous Monkee revival which I am a second generation fan and " Someday Man" for me was one the first of their songs I connected with and since it was written by Paul Williams it was All The Better. And Still stands up to this day I was in late teens/Early20s at that time.

"An Old-Fashioned Love Song" was written with the Carpenters in mind, right? Imagine that! We only get a snippet on one of their performances with Carol Burnett.

I wonder if they had plans to do a Williams/Nichols medley or maybe had started on one, similar to the Bacharach/David Medley. Maybe there are some bits in the vault.

"An Old-Fashioned Love Song" was written with the Carpenters in mind, right? Imagine that! We only get a snippet on one of their performances with Carol Burnett.

I 'd never seen this particular clip before. We also got rare live performances of I Kept On Loving You and Let Me Be The One! You can tell Carol really enjoyed having them on and she jumps right in on the medley. Thanks for posting:)!

I 'd never seen this particular clip before. We also got rare live performances of I Kept On Loving You and Let Me Be The One! You can tell Carol really enjoyed having them on and she jumps right in on the medley. Thanks for posting:)!
No problem. I enjoy these clips too :)

Back
Top Bottom