Hi everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

carpwoman

Hi all. I'm new here, stumbled upon this quite by accident but happy none the less.

Is there anyone here from the AOL message board from about 6 or 7 years ago?

Saw that package on eBay the went for $1600. Wow. That was neat!

Later,
Joanne

I remember you from the AOL days! In fact, I started the first Caprenter folder in the music messaging center way back when aol was new and I switched from Prodigy (circa 1990 or so?). As was aol back then, if interest didn't keep up, the folders got booted off that area of aol. Finally, more and more people joined and kept recreating the folder until finally, there was enough interest that it finally "stuck." Eventually aol expanded and re-organized that feature so the Carpenter's could be represented perpetually. It's interesting to see how the Caprenter's interest has "evolved" on the internet and I often wonder where everyone from those initial aol days are. When I found this site, I posted it on the aol site to attract some of us aol hang-ons to cross over. I find that THIS site is the best for keeping up with the Carpenter goings on. Welcome, and spread the word!

[email protected]

I too meant to welcome you, Joanne, but somehow I got lost in a very hectic week. Thanks for joining the A&M Corner Forum. I think you'll find all kinds of fascinating info about the Carpenters discussed here, as well as a variety of other topics related to their label, A&M Records.

Just for the record, though I was a former member of America Online, I never managed to find the message board related to Carpenters.

Harry
...welcoming newcomers, online...

While it's not strictly Carpenters-related, a couple of us here at the Corner hail from Compuserve (late 80's/early 90's). Steve Sidoruk, Stefan and myself all met back there. Steve and "Mr Bill" also met on Prodigy (of which I was not a member). Brings back a lot of memories! There are some other friends we made that we've never encountered elsewhere online.

I remember having AOL for a free month back around 1994. It was amazing that the only "jazz" discussion included lengthy folders about Kenny G and about how great :rolleyes: or how bad :bigevil: he was. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom