"Highfidelity.com" article mentions R.C. Website/S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris May

Resident ‘Carpenterologist’
Staff member
I read this today and found it interesting that all sorts of people are hip to Richard Carpenter's new website as well as the information he posts. Here is an excerpt from the article:

"Visitors to the Richard Carpenter web site were treated to some advance news regarding the upcoming release of The Carpenters album Singles: 1969-1981 in 5.1 Surround Sound SACD. According to the FAQs section there, the new Super Audio CD will use the original Stereo mixes of the Carpenters songs on the SACD and CD Stereo tracks while using original and newer musical parts in the Surround Sound mix.

Turning to the Surround Sound mix, Richard Carpenter tells web viewers that he is not a fan of the 1970's 4 Channel Quad mixes of the Carpenters albums done by former A&M Records staffers Marv Bornstein and Bart Chiate. Instead, the upcoming Super Audio CD will have brand new 5.1 Surround Sound mixes done by Carpenter with the help of ace producer and engineer Al Schmitt. It will be interesting to hear the new mixes although I will say that I found the 1970's Quad Mixes to be quite good.

Finally, Carpenter says that a DVD-A version of the album is also in the planning stages. He says we should expect to see that "within the next 12 months, if not sooner".

It's nice to know that this website is reaching all audiences as well as reassuring any of us that doubted its validity. -Chris

http://www.highfidelityreview.com/news/news.asp?newsnumber=13840215

Universal for some weird and unfathomable reason is releasing these as DVD-A in addition to SACD. Not worth getting both, since it will be the same mix and the same program, just downsampled to DVD-A.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom