🎄 Holidays! Holiday Greetings from Rothenburg Germany

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Site Admin
The wife and I are spending a couple of days here in Old Rothenburg o.d. Tauber in Germany. It was literally the last place I expected to find Internet access free at the hotel!

After a couple of nights in Heidelberg, we spent a good portion of the day getting here on trains. We had to change trains three different times.

Rothenburg is an old walled city where the wall still survives. Inside the gates is a classic old European city with cobblestone streets and old-style hospitality and warmth. Of course tonight it's raining and windy - so much for warmth!

After we leave here, we'll be heading to Munich for a few days, then Füssen, Frankfurt and back home.

I see that things are a bit active here, with 110 posts greeting me when I logged on!

The Christmas Markets are everywhere in Germany at this time of year, little booths where merchants can sell their home-crafted wares and seasonal food treats. The kids here all have that wide-eyed look on their faces.

Yesterday, while grabbing a bite in the Heidelberg Hard Rock Cafe, two A&M tunes came over the music system - Suzanne Vega (and D.N.A.) doing "Tom's Diner", and "Red, Red Wine" by UB40. It's always good to be not to far away from the A&M roots!

Take everyone - I'll log in when I can.

Harry

See any Carpenters Christmas CD over there in a Germany record store, like the rare Germany Pressing? I often wondered how active the record stores are over there with Carpenters CD's.

Have fun Harry.

Well, logging in now from Munich, where I just came from the big Saturn store that sells CDs, DVDs, players, etc. I looked in the Carpenters section where they had one GOLD from the UK, two GOLDs from the US (with the old black package design), the LOVE SONGS collection, and the 2 disc Christmas comp.

All I found of interest to buy was a Burt Bacharach compilation from the "Color Collection". It was cheap, so I figured why not!

Harry
...having fun in old Munich, online...

Back
Top Bottom