"Horizonte Aberto" english version "Nowadays (There was a time)"

Trevor

Speaking of Gracinha...

"Alegria" album is an alternative version of "Horizonte Aberto". This english version was only available on the UK pressing of "Alegria"???

Anyone else heard of this song???

Yes, I now have all three versions of the song. It was "Horizonte Aberto" in Brazil and "Nowadays (There Was A Time)" in English. There was also a Spanish version on the Mexican ALEGRIA called "Avisame". Curiously, that version is in mono on the stereo album.

Also see the old Album Of The Week thread:

AOTW: Sergio Mendes HORIZONTE ABERTO

Last edited:
Since the AOTW thread is locked... Horizonte Aberto is a favorite of mine. The corresponding promotional "show" is just as interesting. Emoriô with Gilberto Gil and Jorge Ben. AND another version of "Mas Que Nada". The vocalists vary with the show. Tô Voltando has Gracinha, Bonnie, Marietta, and Carol. To me, it is interesting how they put Gracinha and Bonnie together (like the 73 and 74 days) and Marietta and Carol together. (brasil'88) The videos can be easily found through a youtube search. A great video of Horizonte Aberto with Gracinha and Sergio.

With some requests, I've uploaded "Avisame", the Spanish version of "Horizonte Aberto" to YouTube. For some reason, it's a mono recording on a stereo album. You can find it here:

Back
Top Bottom