Horizonte Aberto - HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi - and welcome.

HORIZONTE ABERTO is the 1979 album Sergio put out in Brazil and elsewhere in the world, but not in the US -- and it's a great one too. It's very much a return to the Brazilian sound after spending most of the 70s trying to go the American pop route.

Finding it can be a challenge. My first copy was a pretty well-beaten LP -- ultimately though I managed to acquire the officially-released CD.

There are several LPs listed at Gemm.com. Use this link:

http://www.gemm.com/q.cgi?rb=52STJAZZ&wild=horizonte+aberto&search.x=8&search.y=11

Most of the listings come from Mara Records, a fellow down in Brazil who seems to like to find records that will sell well to eager fans in the US and elsewhere in the world. As a result, his prices are a bit high, but he's honest and will come through for you.

Harry
...pointing the way, online...

Hey, Harry--didn't you have "a little help from your friends" getting that CD? :wink: It does show up on eBay from time to time, though it goes for a pretty penny. And at least one on-line retailer has had it (though for the life of me, I can't remember--was it Tower as an import?), so don't give up hope, it's out there, and well worth the search.

JMK said:
Hey, Harry--didn't you have "a little help from your friends" getting that CD? :wink:

I seem to remember something about a used-CD shop and this particular CD in the window and someone picking it up for a friend. :wink:

It does show up on eBay from time to time, though it goes for a pretty penny. And at least one on-line retailer has had it (though for the life of me, I can't remember--was it Tower as an import?), so don't give up hope, it's out there, and well worth the search.

Absolutely -- to anyone out there searching for it: keep looking -- it IS truly worth the search.

Harry
NP: radio at work

HI there

the record released in Brasil by Som Livre (and on limited CD in 1995 by CAST Records in Sao Paulo) as Horizonte Aberto was recorded in LA and features Djavan. It WAS released in the US and UK as Alegria with a different cover featuring a woman in sunglasses. The rear cover art was almost the same layout and type as the Pele OST.

Allegria features English lyrics (and pretty poor ones at that - by Adrienne Anderson) for the original title track Horizonte Aberto called There Was A Time . It is not a translation - it has nothing to do with the original Portugese lyrics. The original Portugese lyrics are omitted from Allegria.

You're absolutely right - i sold it so many years ago that I'd forgotten it had an english lyrics version, but to my knowledge the album was recorded at the same sessions??

whatmusic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom