HOWDY MOON to be reissued

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
Just got an email from Melody Blvd. about new reissues they'll be offering in the near future. One is WHITE LIGHT by Gene Clark (SP 4292) with 5 bonus trax, which has was previously released by A&M-Japan.
The other is a real obscurity, HOWDY MOON (SP 3628 - from 1974) with Singer-songwriter Valerie Carter. The promo LP I found years ago is the only copy I've ever seen, and I think "Cook With Honey" either came out as a single or was covered by another artist.
This is certainly one I would not have expected to see again.
JB

For a scan of the HOWDY MOON Lp cover see Ebay item # 891998370 (4 more days). The album was produced by Lowell George (Little Feat).
JB

Hmm, now I've discovered a CD version of HM existed previously and is available via Valerie Carter's website for $12.99, $7 cheaper than the Japan import.
JB -- amusing himself on a quiet Sat. night, online

www.valeriecarter.com

Jim- Judy Collins covered "Cook With Honey"-1973(?) on "True Stories" and it got some AC airplay. Not being familiar with "Howdy Moon",I wandered over to Valerie's website and saw that Jon Lind was featured as both performer and writer. Jon was a member of the Fifth Avenue Band- a Lovin' Spoonful-style group that featured Peter Gallway. Lind has also written songs for Earth,Wind & Fire, Madonna's "Crazy For You" and Vanessa Williams' "Save the Best for Last". Mac

Ever since you mentioned HOWDY MOON yesterday, Jim, I've been trying to remember anything I could about them. With an unforgettable name like that, I know I heard them on the radio at one point or another, and I believe it was "Cook With Honey" that got the airplay. I've searched my old radio tapes with no luck. I was hoping to find an aircheck of the song from way back when (in my "pirate" days when I used to tape songs off of the FM radio in stereo rather than by them!)

Harry
...ahoy mateys, arrrgh, online...

Last night I gave the album a spin - for the first time in ages - which reminded me that "Nora Lee" was released as a single. In fact, I've got a double-sided (same song, mono on one side, stereo on the other) promo 45 right here in this numerically filed box.
Yep, it's # 1604.
The 3-part harmonies are excellent on all tracks.
JB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom