Humble Prediction re: Summertime

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lose my temporal whenever my kids misbehave, but it's only temporalary...

--Mr Bill
wishing he had the patience of the Knights Temporal...

My favorite song on SUMMERTIME is "Jerusalem."

(Lame attempt to get the thread back on the subject) :D

I always treasured the hits comps for their inclusion of "Summertime" and "Jerusalem". Too bad they're no longer in print.

Harry

I begin to get the impression that perhaps I am being mocked. Don't worry. I don't mind as long as it's in good fun. I'm used to being mocked for my vocabulary and style of communication, especially in writing.

Back on topic, the fact of the matter is that Alpert's control over whether Summertime is released or not is only his until such time as control of his estate reverts to one of his heirs. At that point, those heirs might want to make more money and thus decide to allow Shout Factory or some other company to continue the rereleases. No telling when that will be though, and God willing, it will be a VERY long time from now.

I begin to get the impression that perhaps I am being mocked.
Darn right you are. It means you've been accepted as part of the group. Enjoy it, and take note that this gives you the okay to mock in return. As you said, it's in good fun.

Back on topic, the fact of the matter is that Alpert's control over whether Summertime is released or not is only his until such time as control of his estate reverts to one of his heirs.
True as that is, please keep in mind that we tend to steer away from that kind of discussion, partly due to its depressing nature, but also because it's just not any of our business. Matters of life and death are generally discouraged unless they are happening "in the now" (such as an artist being in the hospital, for example).

Someone should have said that after my last post of such a nature, but thanks for the warning now Mr. Blakesley. I will try to remember that in the future.

Count me in among those who enjoy gamenejoyer's posts... All comments are meant in the warm and fun camaraderie of friendship found in common interests -- in this case the music of Herb Alpert & A&M in general.

--Mr. Bill
NP: "Freight Train Joe" cranked all the way up...

And, sadly, yet another year has passed. Still SUMMERTIME remains a pretty good Tijuana Brass album as well as one of the great-sounding ones.

I'm always struck by the close-miking of the rhythm guitar and bass on the title track. It sounds just fantastic. Great groove.

Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom