I Can't Make Music sounds similar to era of A Kind of Hush album 1976

And maybe post it so we who don't own it can listen??? Please. :)
I apologize in advance because the files are all in FLAC format (I don't have my computer that allows me to export to WAV at the moment, since I'm at work). But I re-digitized this disc last night because I figured out where the electrical interference was coming from (my laptop's charging cable).

I have confirmed that these files are playable on Groove Music if you have Windows 10 (it's the built-in music playing app). It also works perfectly on VLC Media Player.

For those needing another format, feel free to PM me and I can give you the files in whichever lossless format you want.

Cheers!

I'm taking a listen again, and subconsciously I knew that the piano was different... but the light bulb didn't turn on until Chris wrote what he wrote!

Karen's vocals are also noticeably different on this mix in some parts, as are other tracks I can't quite put my finger on.

I'm taking a listen again, and subconsciously I knew that the piano was different... but the light bulb didn't turn on until Chris wrote what he wrote!

Listening now, thank you! The differences are very subtle but they are there. The notes are played more forcefully as it goes into the first chorus, for example.

[Tony] Peluso's electric guitar fills in "Solitaire" for example are also left unmuted in places where they were not in the album mix. These are the same fills present for the 'single' mix, however.

[Tony] Peluso's electric guitar fills in "Solitaire" for example are also left unmuted in places where they were not in the album mix. These are the same fills present for the 'single' mix, however.
May I ask, Chris? I noticed that the "single" version of "Solitaire" on "The Complete Singles" is identical to the version on "Gold: 35th Anniversary," which had considerable peak limiting and clipping. Will we ever hear a single mix of "Solitaire" in the future without the audio clipping/loudness?

(Sorry... tangent.)

May I ask, Chris? I noticed that the "single" version of "Solitaire" on "The Complete Singles" is identical to the version on "Gold: 35th Anniversary," which had considerable peak limiting and clipping. Will we ever hear a single mix of "Solitaire" in the future without the audio clipping/loudness?

(Sorry... tangent.)
That would have been an issue directly related to the original mastering. If the mastering on it doesn't get updated, then we will continue to hear the version that is currently in circulation.

Back
Top Bottom