I need numbers! Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SillyLoveSongs

Anyone who can help. I would like to know the "facts and figures" of how many copies of the original home video release of "Yesterday Once More" has sold, since it's release in 1985 - as well as other versions (laser disc, VCD and DVD).
I could share a bit of my experiences - I co-produced the collection.
Cheers and thaanks fro your help.
SLS :)

Welcome to the forum.

I have no actual data on total sold other than to say that I personally have about 5!

US VHS titled Yesterday Once More - 61005
Japanese Laserdisc titled Yesterday Once More - PA-85-123
Asian VCD titled Only Yesterday - 043 131-2
Brazilian DVD titled Super Hits (in chronological order) - DVDM-015
US DVD titled Gold - 069 493 258-9

Your experiences in the production would be most welcome.

Harry
...Gold-digger, online...

Thank you Harry,
geez - I didn't even know of the Brazilian release.
It's a long, old story but I am currently writing a letter to A&M President, Ron Fair - expressing my personal involvement with the video's production - and how the thing that wasn't expected to sell well back in the day, continues to be produced globally on DVD.
I am certain I am entitled to at least a free copy - but more over I'd like some recognition from A&M for having had a major roll in it being a sales success over the years.
I am on the trail for the sales numbers which will be included, along with detailed specifics of what I actually did.
I will surely bring a little insight into this forum as my time permits.
I appreciate any help.
Thanks again!

For the record, I don't believe the Brazilian release was ever 'sold.' From what I've been able to glean, the DVD was put together as a supplement to a Brazilian music magazine. Others here may have more details on that, but I'm pretty sure it was considered a free extra with the magazine.

Naturally an item like that became a hot commodity on the eBay circuit, which is where I obtained a copy.

That particular DVD has a nice menu function, but the overall quality of the videos look as if they were mastered from an old VHS tape. And due to the re-arrangement of titles into a chronological order, the cuts between the videos are somewhat abrupt, since the original had a lot of nice segues between songs.

The other interesting thing about the Brazilian DVD is the inclusion of a few extra bonus titles at the end - things like an alternate video of "Top Of The World" and the song "Ave Maria" from one of the Christmas specials.

Harry
...with some particulars, online...

Very interesting indeed.
Thanks for that info Harry.

I am also wondering how "I Need To Be In Love" was included on the Polygram Japanese DVD, from a few years back. We originally considered it for YOM - but I think it was due the fact we ended up including "Calling Occupants" (to appease A&M England) - but I don't believe we had a clean print of the original promo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom