"I Need To Be In Love" [1978]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy Cow! His page is a total ripoff of everything we've posted here. All of those rare pictures just reposted. The man is a thief, plain and simple.

It's sad that people like that have to ruin stuff for everyone.

See anything familiar here?
Deblaere facebook.jpg

He embeds and rips ALL the videos he finds here and posts them on that page as his own. He's been doing it for ages now. When I added some new youtube videos recently I changed my settings so my videos couldn't be embedded on another site so instead, he used software to rip them, resave them and publish them as his own efforts.

Holy Cow! His page is a total ripoff of everything we've posted here. All of those rare pictures just reposted. The man is a thief, plain and simple.

It's sad that people like that have to ruin stuff for everyone.

See anything familiar here?
Deblaere facebook.jpg
Yep. That's why I never feel guilty sharing a photo here from this very same Facebook page. More than likely, it's already out there. :sad:

It is really to bad that one person has spoiled so much for so many. I have not and will not go to his site.

Concerning the video, I was fortunate to view while it was available. I was mesmerized by the performance, arrangement, and clarity. The song felt so fresh. Thanks Chris for giving all of us the opportunity to enjoy it.

Karen must've sounded beyond wonderful. I just wanted to say thanks for sharing, Chris. I didn't get to see it but I have no doubts of its superb quality. By going to great lengths to get this caliber of stuff, I dare say that you've made us all proud to be on the A&M Corner Carpenters forums. :uhhuh:

To the guy stealing from this forum or its members: shame on you.

Harry:
is there any way to determine who this guy is that's stealing from The Corner? He needs to be kicked out. Easier said than done, I know.

Thanks, Chris, for all you do.

Just want to echo what everyone else has said, Karen's vocal and performance was stunning. Waited a long time to see it in such high quality and it was so worth the wait so thank you Chris for uploading it.

I applaud you for making it password protected, it's such a shame that people have to steal.

Just want to echo what everyone else has said, Karen's vocal and performance was stunning. Waited a long time to see it in such high quality and it was so worth the wait so thank you Chris for uploading it.

I applaud you for making it password protected, it's such a shame that people have to steal.
how do we get the password?

how do we get the password?

Currently we're not set up with a safe way of providing passwords for this kind of thing, since this forum is currently set up for public viewing. If something changes at some point, we'll certainly let you know! :)

Currently we're not set up with a safe way of providing passwords for this kind of thing, since this forum is currently set up for public viewing. If something changes at some point, we'll certainly let you know! :)

Back in the day the old leadsister.com website had a section for 'Advanced Members' only. This was the perfect place to share the rarities without any fear of the pictures or videos being ripped by others. If you abused the privilege, it was revoked. That would be a great feature to have on this forum at some point.

Is this the same video ?

Yep! It appears to be a copy of a copy. Most likely somebody that saw it over on the aforementioned Facebook page took that and has now added it to YouTube. This is how it happens folks :)

Last edited:
Motownboy did a great extended mix using the studio recorded version, how about an extended mix using the live version from the Bruce Forsyth Show? If you missed the extended mix, here it is, it's amazing.

I listened to this Bruce Forsyth show version again in repetition and enjoy the mixture of Karen's vocal styles used through the years combined in one song. She even adds another with the envelope appeal with the words 'in love' on 'need to be in love' in the last chorus and then with holding the word 'need' with gusto. I can't find the exact word I am looking for to describe this but I think you know understand my reference. It is the most heartfelt personal version of this song and I wish it was in the Essential set. Karen's voice is radiant and rich and draws me in, thankfully without the OK Chorale to weaken it and just the right amount of instrumentation delivered. I feel that if this "freedom" version was on the A Kind Of Hush album it would have charted higher for its deep emotional value given. As with all of Karen's torch sadness songs, her voice gives comfort in the acceptance of the situation with a feeling of hope and resolve for moving on. This version of this song is a great example and compares to I Can Dream, Can't I from Horizon with its depth of emotion with the greatest sounding voice of our time. At the end of the clip her smile of thanks lights up her entire persona that results in a shared intimate feeling of happiness.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom