• Our Album of the Week features will return in June.

"I Need To Be In Love" Cut

A few days ago, I bought this CD of the album "A Kind Of Hush". I think this edition is from 1986. When I played it, I noticed that the track "I Need To Be In Love" has a cut at the beginning of the song, specifically in the piano part, starting the song with the flute part. Why did this occur?WhatsApp Image 2024-07-04 at 12.36.22.jpegWhatsApp Image 2024-07-04 at 12.36.22 (1).jpeg

This shows all the differences.
The LP has the longer piano part but the 80’s CD has the shorter intro. If you get the remastered classics cd of this album you get the longer piano intro.

A few days ago, I bought this CD of the album "A Kind Of Hush". I think this edition is from 1986. When I played it, I noticed that the track "I Need To Be In Love" has a cut at the beginning of the song, specifically in the piano part, starting the song with the flute part. Why did this occur?WhatsApp Image 2024-07-04 at 12.36.22.jpegWhatsApp Image 2024-07-04 at 12.36.22 (1).jpeg
"When A KIND OF HUSH was first issued on CD by A&M in the ’80s, it featured two changes from its vinyl days. First up is the 1985 remix of the title track. Later, instead of the “I Need To Be In Love” original album mix, a shorter 1985 remix was substituted. These were changed back to the original vinyl mixes for the Remastered Classics version in 1998, and a few cymbal hits that had been missing from “Breaking Up Is Hard To Do” on both vinyl and the old A&M CD were now present. On the Remastered Classic, the song “You” was slowed down for some reason."
From The Carpenters Recording Resource

Back
Top Bottom