Idea: Limited Edition Offering Reissue

haha! Not to offend any Catholics out there (I'm one myself), but Karen looks like a nun. As far as the content on the record, I love it! Two youngsters going into a state-of-the-art recording studio with reckless abandon...

The record kinda sounds like that too. It's just Karen & Richard trying things. They didn't know who they'd be on record yet. It's easily the most "fun" album they made because it's kind of all over the place.

Ed

I mean...how could you not like this. It's just so darn...cute...

carpentersofferingback.png

Ed

Others have their own opinions.. I love the original cover over the new ones. Matter of preference, I like the 60s vibe.

Same! It's very much of it's time and they have worse covers than this one - that's for sure.

This reminds me. I need to take this cover down and fix it. I think I may be able to take the brown off the back without damaging it now.

Ed

I'm one of the (apparent) minority that likes the original Offering cover better, but then I almost always dislike "reissued" album covers that have been altered from the original. I can see why they did it in this case, but I still don't like it.

I would be a buyer for an Offering CD reissue, although it will probably never happen. I should get after making my own home-made copy I guess.

Last edited:
I'm one of the (apparent) minority that likes the original Offering cover better, but then I almost always dislike "reissued" album covers that have been altered from the original. I can see why they did it in this case, but I still don't like it.

I would be a buyer for an Offering CD reissue, although it will probably never happen. I should get after making my own home-made copy I guess.
They did reissue the Offering cover on CD.

I got to hold a first state butcher cover while working at the radio station. A loyal Beatles listener brought his first-state copy in to let the DJ see it and I got to see and hold it too. Worth many thousands.
Andre was probably drooling over that one I'm sure... 😉

Back
Top Bottom