IDEA: Special edition CD+DVD

ChrisCarpenterCollecter

The company "Special Edition" has made many releases of different albums over the years, think of ABBA, The Cure, and Marving Gaye.
I thought it would be awesome if Universal releases something like this with the Carpenters' studio albums!
From Ticket To Ride To Made In America (just the albums when Karen was around.)

It's something different than another Box set (altough there is nothing wrong with the nice Box sets released over the years!)
Here i have a spreadsheet list with the idea,
(it's just an idea for fun)

I want to hear from you what you think about this and wether it would sell or not.

This will likely never happen but.... I can dream can't I?

Chris

I absolutely love that idea. It would absolutely sell with carpenters fans and I imagine general music fans too. Something like this is what the Carpenters legacy (and us fans) deserve. I'd just add more bonus tracks to the albums, more commercials, the odd unreleased snippet, tracks from VOTH, Lovelines and ATGB with their respective albums, some live stuff and maybe, if possible some alternative takes.

I think it’s a great idea ! We would snatch the release up so quick. It would be an absolute gem. I thought about would the Hollywood Night special with ONJ be an added bonus. I know Karen is only on at the end but hey. Anyone else have any more thoughts

It would be nice if any future DVD releases were released with DTS 5.1 mixes. The Ed Sullivan Show’s “We’ve Only Just Begun” has already received a Dolby Digital 5.1 remix (it’s nothing fancy as it’s just the mono mix from the broadcast masters that were matrixed into 5.1) and there are the SACD mixes.

I think it’s a great idea ! We would snatch the release up so quick. It would be an absolute gem. I thought about would the Hollywood Night special with ONJ be an added bonus. I know Karen is only on at the end but hey. Anyone else have any more thoughts
Or at least with just "Heartache Tonight" included. But that was quite a star-studded clip from beginning to the finale!

If this is at all possible i would like to see some alternate takes of such songs as only yesterday or yesterday once more. Or on DVD i hope they have behind the scenes like the videos chris may has.

I want to hear from you what you think about this and wether it would sell or not.
This will likely never happen but.... I can dream can't I?
I'm glad i'm not the only dreamer who thinks about possibilities like this! :)

Would it sell? To the biggest fans who have some cash to spend.
In general I don't think it would be an impulse item for a fan of any less caliber!
I do this kind of release map with every artist I collect, but in any actual product, it's a long shot. Carpenters, just a nice dream!

I'm glad i'm not the only dreamer who thinks about possibilities like this! :)

Would it sell? To the biggest fans who have some cash to spend.
In general I don't think it would be an impulse item for a fan of any less caliber!
I do this kind of release map with every artist I collect, but in any actual product, it's a long shot. Carpenters, just a nice dream!

What you say is true but there have been releases by other artists with a lot more bonus and behind the scenes gems that we had never had for Carpenters fans. Incomplete and alternate takes of songs is just one example. I think there would be a market for a one-off & limited edition type of release taking into account some of the suggestions above. I'd borrow money if I needed to so I could own something new or unreleased....but I think Richard only wants the perfect product out there in the market, nothing that only a die-hard fan would be interested in. I've always felt that he doesn't agree that fans deserve anything other than what he's given us, and he has given us a lot but I now there is more and I want at it. Even if it is only once.

Back
Top Bottom