Important Announcement - Rare TV appearance FOUND!

Billy Rees

I'm really pleased to announce that I will be posting a rare and previously lost TV appearance on my YouTube channel this Sunday 7th August at 6pm (UK time)

I'll also share the link here when it goes live!

Let the countdown begin... :phones: :b-boogie:

Last edited:
Wow, never thought I'd ever get to see this, you really are THE best, Billy!! 🤩 Leave it up to you to come up with rare Carpenters stuff 😃
Despite Karen's physical appearance it's so great to see her in such a happy mood. And the best ad for that game by Karen right there, now I've got to get me one, too 🤠

Greg

Saturday 24th October, 1981.
I was 3 when this occurred and me and my Mum, I'm told, would watch this together....she loved it. Its crazy to think I probably watched this live.

As to the format of the show....I've got a suspicion the producers just handed free stuff to the talent before they went on air. Karen's probably just acting her socks off.

I was 3 when this occurred and me and my Mum, I'm told, would watch this together....she loved it. Its crazy to think I probably watched this live.

As to the format of the show....I've got a suspicion the producers just handed free stuff to the talent before they went on air. Karen's probably just acting her socks off.
we are the same age, and i share your feelings. it is crazy to me that when this interview happened, i was alive somewhere, doing kid things. for all my time as a fan she was not here on this earth.

Ah, this is just wonderful to finally see in it's entirity after all these years!!! How lovely.

Loved the bit with the Astro Wars, haha, such a nice insight into Karen's love of games. She'd have loved a Supernintendo.

I can remember watching this in Harrods in London while I was waiting for R & K to come and sign my copy of 'Made In America'! It was the first time I'd been to London, and had come on the overnight coach with less than 24 hours' notice! My friend recorded Swap Shop on video while I was away, but sadly his machine was a Betamax, so the tape became obsolete a couple of years later!

I can remember watching this in Harrods in London while I was waiting for R & K to come and sign my copy of 'Made In America'! It was the first time I'd been to London, and had come on the overnight coach with less than 24 hours' notice! My friend recorded Swap Shop on video while I was away, but sadly his machine was a Betamax, so the tape became obsolete a couple of years later!
Was Richard still under the weather with the stomach bug?

Was Richard still under the weather with the stomach bug?
If he was, he didn't let on. One thing I remember of that day was before the signing started, R & K had to stand still while engulfed in a barrage of flash photography from press photographers and I though how horrible to have to grin and bear that day after day.

Back
Top Bottom