Instrumental tribute

Song4uman

picked up the Ferrante & Teicher play The Carpenters Songbook today at a thrift store for .50. Plays very well.
I wonder if Karen and Richard ever listened to it? Actually more interesting that Richard’s 1997 album.

I have a few similar type of Carpenters instrumental cover albums and many songs by various artists among them are the 90s studio Group Spectrum ( later renamed the evening star orchestra) The Ventures did an album appropriately titled "The Ventures play the Carpenters" and pianist Richard Clayderman did a whole album full of instrumental versions of Carpenters hits those are just a few examples but there are many more others out there

Richard Clayderman did a whole album of Carpenters hits those are just a few examples but there are many more others out there
When Johnny Mathis' hits temporarily dried up, he did what a lot of artists from the 50s and 60s seemed to do once they thought they were past their heyday. He recorded albums full of covers of other people's current hits. In the early 70s, on almost every album, he seemed to include a song that Carpenters had recorded. 'Close to You', 'We've Only Just Begun', 'I'll Never Fall in Love Again', 'For All We Know', 'Let Me Be the One', 'Goodbye to Love', 'I Won't Last a Day Without You', 'Sing', and 'Solitaire' were songs he recorded. Twice, he coupled two Carpenters songs together in medleys. Then, he started having hits of his own again in the late 70s. (At least, he had a few more).

By the way, Johnny Mathis recorded 'My Body Keeps Changing My Mind' the same year Karen did - whether before or after, I don't know.

With his first album released in 1956 and his most recent album released in 2017, Johnny Mathis has demonstrated that he's certainly an enduring artist.

When Johnny Mathis' hits temporarily dried up, he did what a lot of artists from the 50s and 60s seemed to do once they thought they were past their heyday. He recorded albums full of covers of other people's current hits. In the early 70s, on almost every album, he seemed to include a song that Carpenters had recorded. 'Close to You', 'We've Only Just Begun', 'I'll Never Fall in Love Again', 'For All We Know', 'Let Me Be the One', 'Goodbye to Love', 'I Won't Last a Day Without You', 'Sing', and 'Solitaire' were songs he recorded. Twice, he coupled two Carpenters songs together in medleys. Then, he started having hits of his own again in the late 70s. (At least, he had a few more).

By the way, Johnny Mathis recorded 'My Body Keeps Changing My Mind' the same year Karen did - whether before or after, I don't know.

With his first album released in 1956 and his most recent album released in 2017, Johnny Mathis has demonstrated that he's certainly an enduring artist.
Very true I have some of his music and he's truly done every kind of music imaginable and he's still singing He truly has shown longevity for sure

and pianist Richard Clayderman did a whole album full of instrumental versions of Carpenters hits
Actually he did 2 whole albums of Carpenters hits. Of course the second album contained some of the same songs from the previous album, but there are songs on each disc that do not appear on the other disc.

Actually he did 2 whole albums of Carpenters hits. Of course the second album contained some of the same songs from the previous album, but there are songs on each disc that do not appear on the other disc.
I notice that and it is a very common practice for albums these days you have to buy an almost redundant recording to get the songs you dont have on the other

Back
Top Bottom